Why the "Gun Brand Hate"?

That is AWESOME! :rofl:

3 Likes

It absolutely cracked me up.

3 Likes

Sig versus glock. Glock is easy and the sig has better safety components. Sig 1911 versys kinber 1911 is a wash. Both are well balanced smooth trigger and safety features. The kimber is a bear to clean. These are jus MY opinions. Now how about .380 vs 9 mm carry. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

9mm all day over the 380

380 technology has come a long way and has stepped up itā€™s game, but the ballistics just arent there to be a primary caliber.

2 Likes

And thatā€™s the reason why I never felt the need to send my P320 for an upgrade to prevent the ā€œdrop issueā€.

2 Likes

Yeah, that P320 ā€œdrop issueā€ was really a non-concern to me. The YouTube experts and Glock fanboys blew it way out of proportion. I have several P320s and like them all.

1 Like

I donā€™t have gun brand hate. I do have a couple gun brands I will avoid because Iā€™ve read enough about reliability issues with them to now want to add them to my collection.

4 Likes

Hey,
I myself like the Taurus line of guns, and theyā€™ve been around a long time. The Judge, one of their more popular guns is legendary, along with the Public Defender.
Iā€™ve always like Taurus, and my gunsmith that does allot of my trigger work and customizing my firearms says for the money they arenā€™t bad guns.
Iā€™m right now looking at their two tone 1911 .45acp for my next gun, and Iā€™ve got a few.
To me, itā€™s whatever youā€™re comfortable with, and can shoot safely.

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree but there is a kick to proportion to body weight. I found shooting a 9mm subcompact hard to do when thereā€™s 120lbs holding the gun in a small hand. Got a pipsqueek right now Iā€™m looking to replace. Tried the P265 and found the kick on the hard side. Tried the P380 and fell in love. Reminded me of my Kimber 1911 9mm

1 Like

Absolutely shoot what you shoot best at that point. I prefer to shoot 45 acp but my wife only shoots 9mm accurately. So I carry 9mm incase I go down she can still defend herself with my firearm

3 Likes

Well if theyā€™re doing the repair for free and can part with your gun for a bit, I would send it in. But thatā€™s just me.

I absolutely agree, Nathan. I say this in a Facebook gun group that I belong to all of the time. I own several brands of handguns and am in no way a ā€œone brand beats allā€ kind of person. Like you say, each have their pros and cons. If all a person can afford is the cheapest price out there, I give them credit for still being able to protect themselves and their families. Haters are from the latter generations who only seem to want to impress or think that their decision is better than anotherā€™s. Well said on all points.

3 Likes

Exactly! Iā€™ve got three guns from Rock Island Armoryā€¦a 1911ā€¦a.38 Special and a 12ga shotgun. The ā€œpuristsā€ sneer at the RIA brand more often than not. But they are built tough guns that go bang every time I pull the trigger and they were very affordable to boot.

I call that a win win

2 Likes

I like my Rock Island Armory 1911. I have had no real problems with it. And I got it for carry. And it works great. I also have a Walter Colt gov 1911 but it is in .22lr. And I shoot it in competitions and it works great too.

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m conflicted!

4 Likes

I saw that just a little bit ago, @45IPAC, but I think the ad is wrongā€¦

Chuck Norris doesnā€™t need guns, guns need Chuck Norris.

(that is my terrible attempt at a Chuck Norris jokeā€¦ LOL!)

6 Likes

Ahhhhhh looks like a lot of those memes you posted a while back donā€™t apply anymore! Lolol.

1 Like

Sure they will. Chuck Norris doesnā€™t need Glocks. Glock need Chuck Norris.

2 Likes

If thatā€™s what you gotta tell yourself to sleep well tonightā€¦ lol.

2 Likes

I think I just found a new definition for "Gentleman " :smile:

4 Likes