Fan Boyz

I hang out on Programing and Computer hardware boards quite a bit, on them there are fanatical Fan Boyz, Intel vs AMD, C++ vs (Your Script Here) etc. But for some reason I don’t see a lot of that in the gun world. I know Glock people are pretty emotional about it but how about, OK mine is, Kimber, or Springfield. Are there any Kimber Fan Boyz, like me on here? What brands are you fanatical about and why?

4 Likes

I like my Beretta’s, but I really don’t care what others prefer - everyone decides what is best for them, and I would not recommend they switch to Beretta just because I like mine.

7 Likes

I’m not really fanatical about a certain brand of gun. I own Colt, Ruger, Sig and Glock.

I am fanatical about one brand of accessory however. And that is the Safe Packer from Wilderness Tactical. I’m also a fanatic of Emerson Blades. Not the ones made for Benchmade but the original Ernest Emersons.

I won’t part with my CQC-7.

Stay safe out there.

4 Likes

I am an M&P guy, I love Smith&Wesson firearms. They are well made and reliable firearms. I own 7 M&Ps all 9mms and they range from micro 9s, sub-compacts, compacts and full size. I love the way they look and the Aeros of the firearm are perfect to me. I have never had any problems or any types of malfunctions with them. They all seem to work fine right out of the box. They come from the factory with iron sights. Smith&Wesson is a manufacturer that is always trying to improve there product and they have great customer service. These are several reasons why I prefer my Smith&Wesson firearms.

6 Likes

Not a fan boi of any certain brand, but certain models of various brands can get me drooling.
I’d say Glock is my favorite brand of pistol, but only because they’re all basically the same and I can deal with that. Springfield, Beretta, most of the others, have models I love and models that I don’t care for…

4 Likes

I’m not a fanatic of any particular manufacturer.
I’ve been testing and using a lot of different firearms based on their reviews to eventually find the ones that works perfectly for me.
But even that I’m 100% sure these are the Ones… I’m not going to be fanatic.

3 Likes

Colt, Walther, S&W, and Beretta are all at the top of my list of favorites. I like the FN line but am not really familiar with them. Not a big Glock or Sig fan. Not slurring either as both are fine weapons…just not a big fan. Guess kinda like a Ford vs. Chevrolet thing.

4 Likes

I think this exists in most spaces. In the motorcycle world there are the obvious ​two of H-D vs. everyone else, and then cruiser/tourer vs. everyone else.

I avoid things that I don’t shoot well, like 1911s and Glocks. I am a big fan of Beretta, Walther, and HK, but I wouldn’t argue with anyone over any of it…bikes included.

5 Likes

I consider myself a Ruger guy.

6 Likes

I forgot about H&K. They make a top shelf firearms as well. I don’t have one but have shot a few. Not a fan of the paddle (European?) style magazine release but the pistols I shot were very nice.

6 Likes

My fanboy status deals more with caliber. I’m a .45 pistol, .357 revolver guy. As far as being a fan of a particular firearm, pinned and recessed Smith & Wesson Model 29 with a 6 1/2 inch barrel. I’m a Dirty Harry fan.

7 Likes

If I had to pick one it would be Ruger Revolvers, tough, reliable and accurate. I have taken deer with a .357 Mag. and a .45 LC with hand loads out to 100yds. :+1:

7 Likes

The wife, and I both have Berretta’s. Smith & Wesson’s and yes Kel-Tec’s. Everyone of them are great to shoot & easy to carry. :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

:thinking:
I thought the same… and expected at least 200 posts from Glock Fans… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Fanatical no! Very loyal to Kimber, poster child for 5.11 and big fan of Blackhawk products. When I find quality, professionalism and customer service in my price range I stick with the products.

All my handguns are Kimber, wife is a Sig fan, do not touch her Sig!

4 Likes

OK, so here’s mine.
I am hooked on my Kimber EVO SP, 9mm. I was a bit hesitant to buy it after the problems they had with the Micro. I absolutely LOVE it. After 700-800 rounds it has been nearly flawless, always fires and loads. The only thing I’ve experienced, 3 or 4 times is with mags loaded to 7 if I didn’t exaggerate pulling the slide back and then let go from all of the way back I would have to tap it to get it to close. That was early on now it seems to be 100%. I love the quality, the look, the way it feels, I’m just hooked. So, my fire arms mentor gave me one knock on this piece, “if you are involved in a self defense situation you’re probably going to loose your $700.00 gun”.

3 Likes

Sounds like our wives need a range session together lol! Mine won’t touch any non-sig, particularly my awful Glocks :flushed:

4 Likes

Being a Fan Boy/Girl comes with a price tag, once you buy in you are hooked in. Think Ford - Chevy - Dodge. I’m a Ford guy because my first car was a Ford and I know it inside out. On gunz not so much, I love 1911’s but I have built better than is offered so the moniker doesn’t work for me (I also remember when Kimber was trash and based on recent findings haven’t changed that opinion, others opinions may differ). Most of the gunz I am in love with are 50+ years old, I can build AR’s all day everyday and make them run as good if not better than any “Name Brand” on the shelf. So can any of you. On Optics I am VERY particular.

I worked for a top 3 Optics shop when I retired from the military in doing so I learned the ugly underbelly of the gun world in general. 98% of AR Lowers come from 7 manufacturers, 99% of AR uppers come from 5 manufacturers it just depends on what etching is in place at the end of any given run. The best glass on the planet comes from a certain beach in Japan, it’s expensive and mfg’s only use it for prototype and demo models everything else is standard sand from wherever they get it. The reality is you can’t tell the difference and neither can I, coatings make the glass perform.

In general I don’t do name brands. If you make something I like I will advocate that PRODUCT not your name or line.I like Mark LaRue’s stuff but I can build the same thing at 1/4 of the cost. Since I rarely sell anything who would I be impressing by having a LaRue or KAC or DD or fill in the blank.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Mr.6

Agree with the statement. But, must confess I am a 1911/²⁰¹¹ snob. Was insistent upon STI after my first competition pistol. Still STI and reluctant now that it’s staccato.

In short STI-fan

2 Likes

Mr. 9,

STI has nice stuff but I’m not into race guns that much. I will admit to taking some of the better ideas / tech and applying them to my builds but I can say that about a lot of topics.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes