What type of pistol buyer are you?

Just out of curiosity, are you the type of person who finds a type of pistol and maybe purchases multiples of that particular model?( Maybe as a back up, or to customize? )Ie. A Glock 19 for example
Or…
Are you the type that sees a new model out there and wants to check it out? Not being loyal to any particular manufacturers.

5 Likes

I try to always purchase two at a time and as close as possible to identical with each other. One in the caliber I want, then the other in .22LR for less expensive practice, although I ALWAYS shoot the chosen caliber also, to make sure I don’t get caught off-guard.

4 Likes

I am kinda loyal to the S&W M&P series but I like all firearms. I have a Glock 43 which I like a lot and 2 380 Rugers LCP and LCP 2 which I also like a lot.

6 Likes

I buy what I want, when I want. I have too many but I have no brand loyalty. They all have their advantages and purpose.

6 Likes

Options and quality vary over time. I’m not brand or model loyal. I do try to find things that feel right for me, get solid reviews, and feel like a bargain. I do not buy two of anything. I occasionally get a 22 of a larger caliber, but not usually at the same time (in case I don’t like one of them). My 92FS .22 is spectacular. My PPQ 22 is…not.

5 Likes

@James322 - I purchase multiple models from the same manufacturer. When I finally settled on a carry gun (Glock 43), I wanted to keep the manual of arms as similar as possible for all carry and home defense hand weapons. I added a G17 and G43X to the mix. The next will be a G44.

4 Likes

I will buy any pistol, as long as it is a Sig. Lol, kidding…a little.

10 Likes

I’m this guy:

• the type that sees a new model out there and wants to check it out? Not being loyal to any particular manufacturers.

I’m checking every trustful and reliable fully ambidextrous handgun

5 Likes

I look at the utility aspect of the piece. What function does it serve, in my world? Yes, just because I wanted it, is a valid function. As long as it’s a reliable, quality piece, I’ll look at it.

5 Likes

Me? kidding? Not so much.
I have no need for a 10mm, other than it’s a SIG… only time will tell - that and temptation.

4 Likes

I like to buy different brands and models, because never hurts to have a little variety. Everyone has a list of firearms they would like to have…how do you do that being loyal to a brand… unless your list is all from one manufacturer. Granted, if there’s one I like more than the others, or pistol “A” is better for a specific task than pistol “B”, or if I’m more efficient with one over the other, I’m more apt to carry pistol “A”.

4 Likes

No such thing.

5 Likes

Loyal but keep my options open.

5 Likes

In my early years of buying firearms, I tried about everything. Now that I have some time under my belt, I pretty much stick to the same manufacturers for my pistols which are Sig and Glock. No matter what I have bought in the past, I just find myself going back to these two companies so I just stick with them now. I do have a soft spot though for STI 1911’s and 2011’s though. Their build quality is amazing in my humble opinion.

7 Likes

I thought we weren’t allowed to use Sig and Glock in the same sentence…

LOL
I’m looking for a double stack 9 (15+ rds)… don’t want an optic unless holsters are super easy to find.
One choice is a Glock 45. The other is a Sig 226. (Kept them in separate sentences)…

Open to other suggestions.

Leaning towards p226 as my personal situation prefers thumb safety, and lately I like the look of an external hammer.
But I can get a new glock 45 for almost half what the sig costs brand new.

4 Likes

Those two, like the weeds in my yard, can just duke it out on their own! i’d be Sig all the way. Love my 229 diamond plate. Looks like this:

8 Likes

I also mentioned 1911 and Glock in the same paragraph. LOL!

3 Likes

I check out what’s available regardless of brand.
I ask two questions:
Is it within my budget?
Does it look and feel good in the hand?

Brand loyalty? I would buy more Ruger semiauto pistols if they’re on the CA roster of handguns available to oppressed Americans.

4 Likes

I’m really just a GUN buyer lol if it shoots I’m liable to buy it if I got the cash lol!!!

4 Likes

I used to be brand loyal. I think I developed that playing sports early on. I would only use an Easton baseball bat, a Wilson glove, or Newman gloves playing football (that really dated my age if you’re a football guy). That carried on into pistols when I was younger. Now I’m good with what works for me. What I carry is a different story. I don’t like to change that up. I’m gonna train hard with it and the others are for sport.

2 Likes