If you could only own firearms from one brand

The thread “If you could only have one gun” got me thinking. What if you could only own firearms from one manufacturer?

I personally don’t have any brand loyalty. There are some brand names I trust and some I don’t but whomever makes the rifle, pistol, or shotgun that best fits my needs at a good price is the one that gets my money.

But what if we were all forced to have unwavering brand loyalty? Which brand would best cover all your needs?

9 Likes

Beretta…or Walther…or SIG…or Ruger…or HK…or…

I give up. It can’t be done.

12 Likes

You know that is a loaded question but I’m going with Smith&Wesson M&P. The next part of the question is WHY?

5 Likes

I assumed there are enough strongly opinionated people around here that we would get plenty of whys;) But yes everyone, please share why!

Like the S&W choice. Problem for me is that they don’t make a shotgun for clays or a classic hunting rifle. Though their AR10 might be serviceable for the later.

1 Like

I would not be disappointed if it was HK!

6 Likes

Same issues for me as with S&W and you also lose out on the revolver options. But I would certainly feel well defended.

1 Like

Ruger, hands down. :us:

12 Likes

That was my first thought as well. They cover all the categories I need and then some with solid products. The only thing against being all in on Ruger for me is their EDC and home defense pistol options aren’t at the top of my wish list. Though they make very serviceable options in these categories as well.

3 Likes

Heckler & Koch

6 Likes

So that the other guys are hands up…

5 Likes

Ruger. Shotguns would be the only thing they don’t currently produce, but they used to. I’d say they could again, if they saw a market for the Red-Label again.

5 Likes

Ruger, from beginner rimfire 10/22 and Single Six to competition ready firearms, has everything I need and want.
With their acquisition of Marlin, I maybe back in the lever action market.

6 Likes

I’m not saying that other manufacturers are crappy because there are a lot of great brands out there I’m just comfortable with M&P and I’m a Smith&Wesson fan boy.:wink::wink:

5 Likes

@Brad :roll_eyes: :rofl: :+1: hands down

phrase of hand

1. easily and decisively.

“she won the debate hands down”

Similar:

easily

effortlessly

with ease

with no trouble

with very little trouble

without effort

with very little effort

by a mile

no sweat

Opposite:

with difficulty

Definitions from Oxford Languages

2 Likes

Hi-point

3 Likes

Colt…or Walther…or Colt…or Walther :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m with you on Smith and Wesson! I am a little biased since it’s my EDC, but a think the bigger reason is that they have been able to make quality firearms in various different categories. The only other one that I think would be similar would be Ruger.

2 Likes

You may…have missed…the joke.

2 Likes

Certainly the budget friendly choice! The 10mm carbines seem kinda cool if you can get past the cheap sci-fi movie looks.

3 Likes

Impossible.

My favorite (current) riflemaker doesn’t make handguns, my favorite riflemaker of all time was closed by the US Government in 1968, and my favorite handgun maker doesn’t make affordable rifles.

4 Likes