Favorite American-made Firearm

From Colt to Smith & Wesson to a wide variety of others, the U.S. has a proud history of firearms manufacturing.

What is your favorite American-made firearm?

8 Likes

Wow now thats a tough question to answer :flushed:. I think i may have to say smith and wesson. But there are sooooo many great guns from so many American companies. But my answer will vary from pistol to rifle to shotgun.

9 Likes

Come on now. You know it’s Smith&Wesson and I love their M&P series all the generations.
I own 8 pistols and 5 are M&Ps and one of the reasons I like them is because they are well made in AMERICA.

14 Likes

If I had to pick a type or brand I would say Ruger revolvers, single and double action. :+1:

12 Likes

Well, this gets sticky pretty fast! Do I have to one one of their products? The one that is my favorite? U.S. based or does the actual firearm have to have been made here, even if they aren’t U.S. based? No matter, I’ll still fail and can’t pick one, but it’d be one of these:

PSA AK-V I haven’t even shot it yet but it is really cool
Ruger Mark III long fluted barrel Everyone loves shooting this
Sig P229 diamond plate slide

7 Likes

Truly American :

• Dan Wesson for 1911
  • S&W for striker fired handgun

I’d like to use SIG name as my favorite, but I’m not sure if they are American made…

8 Likes

Ruger!

10 Likes

Springfield Armory 1903

Cheers,

Craig6

9 Likes

Oh my gosh…here we go!!! A little racist, segregated, LOL LOL…I can just imagine what our glock owners are going to say!!! Especially the eskimo dude from TX!!! LOL

OK, so lets take an American firearm…are all the parts manufactured in the USA? Is it truly 100% American made??? Then flip…Is a glock, tik tok glock…all parts made in Austria?

What about Remmington being possibly sold to Navajo Nation? Isn’t that an ironic twist?

OK, we are Sig folks!!! But have Glocks as well, HK, Kimber, Benelli, and an old Sears shot gun! Call us a “dukes mixture!”

6 Likes

Glock – two of mine were built in Smyrna, GA.

6 Likes

I absolutely adore Smith & Wesson, It’s my everyday carry. I mean come on… Dirty Harry wouldn’t have carried a Glock even if it was around then.

10 Likes

Ruger revolvers- Wiley clapp version
Smith semi autos

Colt lost my respect after 2 Colt series 80’s bought in early 90’s.
The amount I spent on gunsmithing to fix them! :flushed:

7 Likes

Have to go with Colt.

7 Likes

Standing with Johnny on this one. All my defensive firearms are S&W :us:

9 Likes

Sorry @OldGnome… Glocks are excluded from this thread :wink:

5 Likes

@Jerzy
If Sig counts does IWI count…??
I wanna vote IWI but I’m not sure they are on the ballot…
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

If Glocks are excluded then I would have to say Daisy.

11 Likes

@TexasEskimo… I thought you would react faster… :joy:

6 Likes

Assembled in the USA with foreign parts, does that count as being American made?

Larry

3 Likes

I would say NO…Assembled here doesn’t make it American.

3 Likes