AR Contest: Who is Your Favorite AR Manufacturer?

We’ve had a bunch of conversations about ARs in the Community. You all have encouraged me to build my own AR - and I did it! Now it’s our turn to encourage you to build your very own AR!

We’re giving away a $1500 Palmetto State Armory Gift Card to help one lucky person build (or buy) an AR! Vote each day this week on the related AR topics to be entered for your chance to win (one vote per topic)!

Who is your favorite AR manufacturer?

• FN
  • Daniel Defense
  • SIG Sauer
  • Springfield
  • Palmetto State Armory
  • Smith & Wesson
  • Other please share below

0 voters

Be sure to share more your opinion below and check out other AR conversations already started in the Community!

Your vote above constitutes one entry for your chance to win the $1,500 Palmetto State Armory Gift Card AR giveaway. The votes from all five AR Polls will be entered into the drawing for the $1,500 Palmetto State Armory Gift Card! The online entry period ends on 4/6/20. Drawing to take place on 4/13/20. Please see official rules for details.

7 Likes

I’m a big fan of BCM (Bravo Company) ARs, so I voted “other”. They are mid-level pricing, but extremely well made, high-quality, and long lasting guns. That mix makes me a fan. They also make some of the more popular accessories out there and they often come standard on their rifles.

14 Likes

I voted "other " because I don’t know enough to choose one.

4 Likes

Really like Anderson manufacturing lowers. Very clean and great to build with. Palmetto for everything else.

7 Likes

I favor the Ruger SR-556 which I paid about $1,500 for. Now they only sell the cheaper AR-556 which is an air instead of piston ejection port. There were a few more added toys/grips and such on mine as well.

6 Likes

Aero Precision

11 Likes

Favorite is Spikes Tactical.

3 Likes

Other. I’m researching the AR platform, for cartridge interchangeability. I like the offerings from CMMG and Ruger. Ruger has a .350 legend AR pistol that would be legal for Illinois deer hunting, with the addition of a bobsled to make it single shot. CMMG offers the Resolute in lots of calibers, and has conversion kits for everything from .22, to now including 5.7x28. If I win the drawing I’m buying the Ruger, and a CMMG 5.7 conversion kit. Hunt with it twice a year, range gun/home defense the other 50 weekends.

5 Likes

OTHER. I’ve just don’t have favorite one.

6 Likes

CMMG because that is what I have, and they are made in my part of the country.

4 Likes

I like
DPMS (both AR 10s from them)
Midwest Industries–love their rails/parts and their gunsmith has helped me several times with stuff.
Troy-- makes LH receivers
Geiselle triggers

4 Likes

Back when I got mine, I wasnt as internat savvy with all these options. At that time, the 3 names I thought highly of were rock river arms, colt, and bushmaster. Before the boat accident, I had a bushmaster. I’m not current with the trends and reviews of manufacturers.
Edit, forgot DPMS until seeing the other posts.

6 Likes

My AR-15 is a total custom build. But my AR-10 is a
Smith & Wesson short of putting good optics on it. I haven’t changed it and was hitting within the 8,9,10 ring at a 1,000 yards after about an hour.

5 Likes

Love BCM products, also a big fan of Palmetto State Armory because you can literally order every piece the gun from them

4 Likes

Bcm. Built to last.

3 Likes

Be sure to vote in the initial post to be entered for your chance to win!

Poll closes in less than 24 hours!

3 Likes

I have few that i like actually. But PSA for so many products being made in house and affordable. I also really like BCM. It’s really hard to pick jist one.

3 Likes

I prefer to build my own. So it always varies as to what my goal for the rifle will be as to what manufacturers I choose. But for the most part manufacturers like DD, Springfield, S&W, ect. Are all over priced for what they are in comparison to the rest of the market. Why Buy a DD or Yanky Hill lower for 600 when you can get an Aero Precision or Anderson for under 100?

6 Likes

No favorite. Own a DPMS because it was what the dealer had in my price range all those years ago.

4 Likes

Spike’s Tactical. I hate spiders, but I really like their rifles. They are at the high end of what I can afford, and I had to save up for quite a while to get one, but I think it was worth it.

As Eisenhower said to the Stegosaurus rancher: I like Spike.

6 Likes