Why the "Gun Brand Hate"?

Hey @45IPAC I’m gonna consider that you’re including me in that “Glock fanboys:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
No worries dude, I’m totally good with it :laughing:

NoooOOOooo @Sheepdog556 don’t let the streams cross!! It would be Bad. Total protonic reversal!

1 Like

I have one gun a glock, it fits my hand like a glove, im on target with it. I dont care what others think. If I found a cheaper gun that ran as well as my glock I would gladly carry it. I learned years ago dont down others or what they have, it may be all they could afford, and your wealth may not always be there for you you may sport that crappy gun one day,cause its all you could afford. Careful what ya say there is life and death in the power of the tongue.

2 Likes

I am in total agreement with your attitude and way of thinking.

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of money so I buy the best I can afford. As long as my $300 pistol or revolver works when I need it is what matters. I know people with $1500.00-$2000.00 guns that are always in the shop or jamming or what have you. The more bells and whistles you have means more can go wrong. Simple works for me. I believe in the K.I.S.S way. (Keep it simple stupid). I don’t carry to impress or to say “look at how pretty my gun is”. I carry for defense.
There will always be those who mock or complain about everything, even underwear. The don’t like HANES because they don’t fit their way, or Fruit of the Loom hasn’t enough room for their fruit. You get the picture. Whatever works for you.

6 Likes

I am in TOTAL agreement with you Mike. If you are a “responsible” gun owner what does it matter what type, brand, style, cost or make of firearm your carry. As long as you are knowledgeable in the handling and use of the one you carry then your good to go.
Having “any” firearm is better than no firearm.

2 Likes

I had a S&W 40 for a while and had to sell it because the arthritis in my wrists as I’ve gotten older hurts with the 40. The funny thing is I have no problem with a .357 magnum, maybe because it’s a heavier gun. For me, smaller guns with large caliber rounds don’t work anymore. I would suggest shooting one for a while before you spend your money.

2 Likes

Weight is our friend when it comes to taming recoil. Grip angles, bore axis, etc also help. The “worst” gun that I ever shot was a lightweight snubnosed 44 Magnum revolver. That thing was brutal, and I’m a fairly big and strong guy.

1 Like

@Zee

Gotta live on the edge

1 Like

@Nathan. I have to laugh about a day at the range with my son and his friend. His friend had a 50 cal desert Eagle. He loaded it up and asked me to take some shots. Like an idiot, I listened and took it from him. I fired one round and handed it back to him. I’m not a little guy, but that was too much gun for me. Unless you live in the woods with the bears, why would anyone need a pistol with the power of a Howitzer? Jeeeepers!!!

1 Like

@Nathan. A good place to check frequently for great deals is Gunbuyer.com in Florida. I have gotten a couple unbelievable/ unbeatable deals from them. They have a few warehouses, and if one has too many on hand they sell them for a lot less. You’ll see on their site warehouse C, D, E, sometimes with different prices for the same gun and always free shipping to a local FFL. Check them out.

1 Like

@Zee, no you’re not alone. I love my “brick”. I call it that because many who disparage it say it is about as effective as one. I find their opinion is not worth much. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger and is more accurate then I can shoot. Yeah trigger has long DA pull but breaks clean. It was designed to meet military standards which means it needs to be reliable. It is double stack making the grip thick but doesn’t feel like it is overly large, controls are easy to reach and cleaning doesn’t take long to do.

I’m with you, good pistol.

1 Like

Guns about what you are comfortable with, and what suits you. True advocates of 2nd amendment and personal protection gurus will tell you be smart with what you pick. SIG and GLOCK are not for everyone. SMITH or RUGER may suit you better.

3 Likes

@Joe :slight_smile:

yep to all of that :smiley: Center mass is center mass. I don’t need to shoot the wings off of flies, just hit center mass, and that it does, reliably :slight_smile: plus I admit to having a secret crush on it’s cleanly industrial look.

Now I just need to find a source for magazines… I’m off to the post office to return a bunch of mags I ordered that should fit but don’t. < sigh > back to shopping.

@Zee, what issues are you having with mags? Might be able to help!??!

1 Like

@ChrisH I found some yard-long hi-cap mags, but the regular (read: carry-able) mags have been harder to find. Bought some from Brownell that were supposed to fit the p89 per the website, but the box says p91, p95 (IIRC) and they definitely don’t fit the p89… don’t insert all the way… so those are going back. I saw some at about $30 each on another site, but I was hoping for something a little more reasonably priced. If you’ve got a source, do share :slight_smile:

Honestly…I found Amazon has most everything you could want. P89 should be pretty easy to find. Ruger is a strong selling, common pistol.

1 Like

:grin:, I meant the “Glock PERFECTION!” crowd. If someone does good with an inexpensive guns, great. I’ve shot a 300 dollar gun, put it down, and shot a 1500 dollar gun right after it. The target didn’t seem to notice.

3 Likes

@45IPAC ha! :laughing: you can include me in the “Glock Fanboy” crowd any time :innocent: fanboy… perfection… it’s all good :grin:

3 Likes

Check Grabagun, I’ve been pleased with mag and gun purchases from them. I buy all my, except 9mm Glock, mags from them. My last 5 or 6 guns have come from there too.

1 Like

There is no prejudice in my house. I do kind of lean towards Euro guns though. As long as it goes bang, that’s all that really matters. I did have a funny “gun snob” experience one time. I went to a friend’s house to shoot on my birthday. We had a 8 foot long table full of guns. A friend of my buddy’s son stopped by and looked over the table full of CZs, Sigs, Berettas and Glocks, and said “Huh, look at all the princess guns.”, while open carrying a Taurus G2C. I just kind of chuckled and we carried on with our day of massive lead downrange. Guess snobbery can go both ways…

3 Likes