Why Dads Should Be Dangerous

Does your buddy return phone calls now? :grinning:

1 Like

That was almost 10 years ago.

We have lost touch at this point, but yeah, I reimbursed him a couple boxes of ammo and we took the boys out several more times before we lost touch!

3 Likes

That’s a lot of gun for an 11 year old. He looked a little surprised at the recoil.

2 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Excuse me, Mr. Officer, I don’t know how a bullet got lodged in his brain. All my father’s firearms are locked in the safe. One must have gotten out and shot him, then went back in the safe. We have heard about the epidemic of “gun violence” and how they kill people. I guess this is just another example of that. Thank God you showed-up fifiteen minutes later. Who knows what else that firearm could have done if you hadn’t arrived when you did.

4 Likes

And that firearm has a solid alliby!!! It was locked away in the safe!

3 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

Totally agree,…

But damn that’s a heavy edit!

If he did that speech uninterrupted, no audio or video cuts……

1 Like
6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

There used to be no regulated age for someone learning to shoot. Annie Oakley was all of 8 years old when she shot her first animal for food. I am a firm believer that the parent should be the one to make that decision not the federal government that has no idea what a child is capable of doing. To put it plainly the Federal Government needs to keep their nose out of peoples every day lives!

5 Likes

I have boys. We talked. Guy things. They understood. No problems.

3 Likes

The law doesn’t forbid teaching them gun safety, just forbids their unsupervised possession.

2 Likes

Actually, some states do make it illegal for a minor to be in possession of a firearm - regardless of parental supervision. As to the forbidding unsupervised possession, there are innumerable stories of children using firearms to defend themselves and their families while the parents were not there.

There will always be those, adults included, that are not being safe nor responsible when handling firearms. Unfortuntely, as we read in the news, laws do not, cannot, prevent that.

3 Likes

One of my sons friends in high school was looking at a parents gun in their home and accidently shot and killed his best friend. Sad to say.

2 Likes