Oh Lordy

Oh Lordy,

had a situation yesterday I just found out about today that happened. This one guy comes to the office open carries is an ex-marine with with the ego to match. Another guy in the waiting room has PTSD, don’t want to be around guns or see them. PTSD guy tells the ex-marine: didn’t you see the sign, no guns. Go put your gun in the car. Ex-marine gives the other guy the look and if looks could kill and eventually puts the gun in his car…we separate the two and nothing happens, all ends well. But still I hate to think how this could have played out.

I’m goind to have to start to think about ambush points and cover now in the office. I’m in a back room and need to think about egress and ambush points. I think everyone has a right but some ppl are unbalanced.

6 Likes

Thats why I dont open carry. Who needs the trouble if someone gets offended or starts trouble? People today are more on edge than ever.

11 Likes

People fear people who have guns. People who have guns fear people who fear guns. There’s got to be a joke in there somewhere.

4 Likes

I’m glad it worked out the way it did, instead of it becoming an ego battle. Definitely do what you need to do to stay safe.

4 Likes

Just to let you know, there is no such thing as an X Marine. Once a Marine Always a Marine. This is something embedded into our Jarheads, and we will except Marine Veteran. I figured if I have to live with the fact that I will always be a Marine that everyone else can except the fact too. In another words, Yeah, we identify as Marines, No X, No former, No exceptions. Thank you!

11 Likes

@Todd30 >> This is very true Brother Todd.

5 Likes

My local retired Marine unit, considers me an honorary Marine. Which I take as one of the greatest compliments. When I went from “pecker checker” to “Doc” my unit got me drunk as a skunk.

3 Likes

** Memories >> the good old days, turn you head and cough while you get your balls pushed in. Hmmm and, walk thru 6 Pecker Checkers with air guns getting vaccinated. OH yes and luxury of pooping in a steel barrel and getting splashed in the brown eye with Diesel fuel, and then of course followed by getting washed in you steel helmet. Ah the smell
of napalm was always refreshing. Never had hair on the arms because of
flamethrowers.
OH WELL, HAPPY THOUGHTS.

3 Likes

No fear here, that does not mean I do not practice situational awareness. I do not know what will happen in the future, but that does not mean I have not taken precautions to limit risk. None of that is motivated by fear, just awareness of reality.

7 Likes

Sorry that was a response to @Dave17

I often have had a fear of losing my gun rights because of the fear that people have of guns. I am constantly examining that fear and trying to get people not to fear guns unless it is a healthy fear.

4 Likes

Semper fi Marine!

5 Likes

S.Q.U.I.D. Submarine Qualified Until I Die

6 Likes

Semper Fi Devil Dog!

4 Likes

I haven’t thought about the, “walk thru 6 Pecker Checkers with air guns getting vaccinated” in 25+ years and that brought back a chuckle & smile…thanks. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Saw a guy pull his arm away just as the Corpsman pulled the trigger. What a bl**dy mess…he needed 6 stitches.

2 Likes

Other than transpo, and training, I spent all of my 7 year deployment with the Marines playing chase me, chase games, in the tropics.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Lot less open, heap more jungle. Ghillie suit no fun when you have to take salt tablet(s) at end of watch. Did alot “hearts and minds” as well.

1 Like

I too am a Marine Veteran, thank you to all my brothers out there for your service and sacrifices.
One very important thing to consider when open carrying. If you are in a location where someone has bad intentions, they will see you carrying and you are going to be the first person they harm or kill. We are already at the disadvantage of having to react to action, open carrying also removes the tiny advantage we have of surprise.

Semper Fi

2 Likes

Amen! :100:

2 Likes