Why Dads Should Be Dangerous

Nick is a treasure! Wish my representatives were like him. His video “shorts” are spot on and often hilarious.

5 Likes
6 Likes

The video brings to mind the following quote… it is one I have taken to heart many times in my life.

We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men – not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular

Edward R. Murrow

6 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, that guy rocks.

Id protect my five kids all day and night and any day that ends in the letter “Y”!!!

2 Likes

Moms like that are the best!!!

Love that one…bet every guy brought her home early!!!

1 Like
6 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

He said he taught 'em how to shoot not taught him how to shoot.

1 Like
5 Likes

I don’t know, I listened to it more than several times, and again, just now. It still sounds like him, not 'em, regardless, I did understand his point. I also taught those things to my daughter. When she was 17, she didn’t want to go on a trip with my wife and I. I gave her a handgun to keep by her bedside. She knew how to shoot, and I could unquestionably trust her. There was no government “law” then claiming minors are not “allowed” to have possession of firearms - in my house. Nobody would rationally want their child dead and the perp alive. I suspect even bleeding-heart politicians believe that, too. FJB

3 Likes

Scientists would feed it to test subjects, not themselves. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good for you and your daughter. My daughter wanted a gun but didn’t want anyone to teach her how to use it and treat it so I never got her one. Of course she was stubborn and hot headed so it was probably for the best.

3 Likes

@Doug101

IMB_E8GeON

Teach them young!

My 11yo at the time with a .44mag Desert Eagle!

6 Likes

Was he looking behind him for the wind that got knocked out of him? :grinning:

3 Likes

We ramped both of my boys up from .22lr, 9mm, .45acp then on to the big dog .44mag!

Neither of them had any issues with the smaller calibers.

Both even hit a reactive knock down prairie dog target at 10 yards on the first shot with a 1911!

Neither actually wanted to shoot the DE until we explained the basics of gun handling apply to it too and it’s not much worse recoil than the .45.

Okay, it’s a bit more, but if you’re handling is sound your control will be sound!

By the end of the day he was loading 3-4 rounds in a magazine by himself and waiting his turn on the firing line.

Cost my buddy who owns that gun over $100 in ammo!

4 Likes