Why Dads Should Be Dangerous

Someone sent this to me today. Very well said. To all the fellow dads out there…

31 Likes

Reminds me of the time when my daughter asked,

“Dad, would you die for me?”

Die plus

8 Likes

This guy’s entire channel is fantastic.

7 Likes

Love It! This guy hit this one right on the head.

7 Likes

I watch Nick all the time. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Speech less. I am not ashamed that it almost brings tears to my eyes.

4 Likes

My daughter would tell her boyfriends that I had a shotgun and a shovel, and I am not worried about using them. She married an Army Medic and I told him, You hurt my lil girl I am gonna take you fishin’! Fishing accidents happen all the time! Me, being an ol’ salt of a Marine has his attention and respect. We actually get along great. He is a good man!

8 Likes

That reminds me of a couple years ago when I was at a bar with my daughter and some jack- began making stupid comments and expressing interest in my daughter, then stating that he could “take me out”. I stated that that may be likely, but that I would make it hurt as much as possible. He apparently told the bouncers that I threatened him, because shortly afterwards they came over to me and asked me to leave.

I told my daughter what happened later, and told her that I would do whatever I could to protect her, regardless of what would happen to me. I told her I was not going to be intimidated by some punk at a bar. I also had my two friends (my knives) with me, if I needed help. :sunglasses:

BTW I did not threaten him, I only stated I would make it hurt if he tried anything. Apparently he lacked what it takes to be a man, which I stated to her, too.

9 Likes

An S.F. friend of mine used this line
“You might kick my ass but it will be an event you will not soon forget”

6 Likes

Sigh, good folks giving jacka33es the satisfaction of a response.

Good video. The two recent newsworthy outbreaks of toxic masculinity - in Glenndale CA and Hamtramck MI - were both in heavily ethnic areas. American males not involved.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this movie clip.

10 Likes

Good point

I was not going to talk to the bouncer about his behavior, I have enough strength of character to not let comments bother me. I was just letting him know that I was not going to be intimidated by him. After my comment, he left us alone, which is all I was seeking.

6 Likes

well worth a watch thanks for posting!!!

2 Likes
5 Likes

I love it when he ends the video by taking a swig of coffee.

3 Likes

I want to share an event that happened just over one year ago while I was at work; this was not my normal “shift” to be out at 2:00 AM, but a special work project necessitated my attendance.
I work for a transit agency in a metro area; the project involved a wire replacement for the light rail train system. The group that was kicking off the project had requested that representatives from my department attend the kick-off meeting to discuss any safety related concerns, etc; yes, I work in “the safety arena” and have for in some form for more than 30 years now…
I arrived at the designated station and waited along with the work crew for the last train out of downtown for the night (we call it the drunk train-a well earned name); prior to this meeting, I had walked around the station to “familiarize” myself with what my environment consisted of at this time of day. Just like many other metro cities these days, you know as well as I what was in the shadows of that station; I will not say it was pure evil but it certainly was not good.
My coworker had joined me by this point and we watched the train pull into the station and deboarded some passengers; there was a group of six young (early twenties but of legal drinking age) women (girls-and that is not being disrespectful! I am that old they are girls) come across the the station. One woman was suffering the ills of too much to drink while the other five were busy taking selfies at the station; their awareness of what was in the shadows of the station was nil. I mention to my coworker that we needed to pay attention to the group; just as I was saying this, I watched an individual from the shadows make his presences known to the group. As he walked up on one of the women (she had her back turned to him) he reached out and touched/held her upper arm; I told my coworker that the group of women had just been contacted and told him we were going to walk over to their location. It should be noted that one of the women was on the concrete platform because she had too much “fun” during the evening and night at the bars; this was the target of the individual that came out of the shadows.
The women were waiting for ride-shares to arrive; four of them were sharing one ride and another was re-routing her ride share to the current station as she failed to deboard at the prior station. This woman was now standing next to the woman on the station platform/sidewalk. I began a conversation with the woman changing her ride share to get an idea of her plans; in the mean time, “shadow walker” has now moved in closer to our location. Finally, the ride share vehicle arrived and the last two women left the station; the shadow walker no longer had a potential victim.
From beginning to end, this event took less than 16 minutes; how do I know? I pulled the station video of the event. Right at the conclusion of this event, the shadow walker was less than three feet from me and my coworker; this predator did not care!
Dads…and Moms…tell your children evil exists and to keep their heads about them at all times.

9 Likes

He is awesome, hes a virginia state house delagate and we need more like him in the state house

4 Likes

When my daughter was 13 I repeatedly told her when she was asked out I expected the boy to come in and “talk” to me, I fully intended to be there cleaning my gun. I also intended to put the fear of God and me deep in his heart, mind and soul! May God have mercy on anyone that tries to harm my now grown daughter… because I won’t!

7 Likes