When holstering your handgun do you look/glance at the holster?

Another stupid question posed in another inanely created thread. :clown_face:

My answer: It depends.

So why answering another stupid question posed in another inanely created thread?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Why do you answer questions?

I answer questions to provide information that others may look for. Answering questions is also a part of social skills. I answer questions in polite manner to maintain relationships with other members.

Commenting questions this way:

Another stupid question posed in another inanely created thread

has nothing in common with answering them.

2 Likes

Oldish thread, I lost track, what does OP do?

1 Like

Asks odd questions, oddly. Why? Does that matter?
We have fun anyway, eh?

3 Likes

:rofl:
Best analogy. :100:

No, I do not under visually restricted conditions. Dark. No spectacles. Time constraint.
Proprioception. Tactile. Audible.
That’s on the home court. Since I choose my own clothes and equipment, and dress myself, I think that would be analogous to non-visual holstering.

I will not :poop: at the away game, except under the same level of necessity as might require visual confirmation of an unobstructed holster. Life is too short and there are too many options. I would find a bush before I would enter a dark public restroom.

Happy anniversary brother @Nathan57

2 Likes

It has been demonstrated by a complete lack of moderation and a breakdown of the purpose of this forum that people can ask and answer questions any way they like within limits. I notice that you tend to coddle the OP but want to question my “free speech”.

Are you patronizing him or me? He crafts inane threads with off topic questions to trap members into arguments. He has repeatedly used race baiting tactics here and yet, my posting a response is somehow an issue?

Interesting choice of soft targets around here.

AMEN ! :wink:
I know “this is America” - everybody can do whatever he/she wants.

Regarding your question

This is Another stupid question posed in another inanely created thread.
My answer: It depends.

Perhaps @Mike270 is not mine or yours favorite Member, but OP question was actually pretty good. He shouldn’t have changed it at the beginning, but since February 28th the question remained very clear. At least it is not “Another stupid question”

If you want to add some values to this thread, just please explain your original answer.

On what:

• weather?
  • mood?
  • solar radiation level?
  • something else we are not worthy to know it?

Please share your opinion.

2 Likes

Holy cow that was fast lol thanks

2 Likes

Isn’t he a film producer! Things sure have changed, now the sign reads
“Gun free zone”

3 Likes

That’s :clown_face: complete MO here. He poses a question, he gets answers and when he doesn’t like the answers, he changes the question. just like you stated. He’s not cultivating thought, he sows seeds of dissension. Not to mention how he openly disparages Black Americans. But hey, that’s okay with the moderators too I suppose.

It depends entirely on the situation. And that is really the only answer here. Why? Because if a person here answers his question with a specific parameter, that person gets ridiculed. If a person here answers his question and misspells a word or two or fails to use proper grammar, that person gets ridiculed.

So who really cares what my opinion is? Or who really cares what your opinion is if he sets these inane threads up so that everyone else is wrong?

I know what I would do because I train for it and have for years. I also get paid to train other people on what to do. It’s what I do as an Instructor. And these discussion forums are probably the very worst place that a person can get advice from lately because they are poorly moderated. USCCA should be ashamed of what has happened to this community.

:clown_face:-Boy would last maybe five minutes in my class.

OK. I’m guessing you are not happy with questions that seems to be “low level”.
Please understand that not all Members are Instructors, Counselors and maybe even well trained with firearms. USCCA is here to help in such situation.

As a Firearm Instructor, you should know that there is no stupid questions about firearms.
So if you see inane tread or question, please don’t state this, because it might be only your opinion and you may make more harm than good.
If you don’t want to share your experience (as Instructor you actually could add valuable information) don’t do this and also please do not discourage OP from asking questions that he needs to ask in order to be better in his self-defense situations.

And I think “:clown_face:-Boy” has a name. We should respect that.

1 Like

Actually, you are misrepresenting my position and I don’t appreciate you doing that. Go back (if you care to) and read some of my responses to questions and issues. The subject matter in this thread isn’t “low level”, but the poster who parented this thread is. He’s low level because he is engaging in passive-aggressive behavior. He parents a thread and then flames people if they don’t reply with his desired outcome. As much time as you yourself spend on this forum, I’m very surprised and disappointed in you playing so coy with this person.

Where have I ever written anything contrary to that? FWIW, I have learned a great deal here myself and, have used material from these discussion threads in my courses that I offer.

There are no “Stupid questions”, I agree. Especially when dealing with people who are coming from a place of subject matter ignorance. Meaning, they don’t know better. But, it seems to me that there is a HUGE difference between the average forum member who earnestly comes here to learn and a troll who parents threads about absolutely nothing to do with Firearms Training and education. Again, you’re playing coy with this character in my opinion. He isn’t coming here to learn or share. Go back and read his posts disparaging Black Americans. Do you support that kind of behavior here?

I operate from the well water theory. If brackish or poison water flows from a source, it cannot produce clean water. His well is tainted by his own racist posts.

The member in question has a documented history on this forum of disparaging Black Americans and, race-baiting. Period.

I call them the way I see them. He’s a clown here. But, if he ever did actually ask a valid question without following up with attacking responders, I wouldn’t have anything to say.

But, he can’t help himself. I’m surprised he hasn’t responded yet. But, he’s probably in “time out” and has to wait to come back here and screw up again, and again.

1 Like

I think you overthink everything.

I don’t care who is he, what is his background, how old is he, what is his level of education. I don’t care.

If he asked simple question about proper firearm handling at this thread, we should give the answers. It rather should be a good answer, because other Members may look for an advice as well.

If you didn’t like his comments about Black Americans, keep that on the proper thread. This one was related to our safety procedures.

Anyway
 I’m done posting at this thread, and I apologize all Members for turning discussion away from main topic.

Don’t be a dickhead, tell somebody you love them.
(CarryTrainer.com)

2 Likes

Overthinking has saved my skin many for many years @Jerzees. And the only thing that I care about is what crap comes out of his mouth or in his postings. I respect your opinion, I simply don’t agree with you in this instance. Don’t make this about you and me here.

But, that’s the beauty of discussion.

I’m done here too.

2 Likes

It’s bowl. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not read all the other responses but to answer the original question, I never look at the gun or holster while drawing or re-holstering. It goes in via muscle memory just like it get drawn with muscle memory. My eyes remain peeled on the the situation at hand.

ETA: My opinion, if you have to look, you aren’t practicing enough.

1 Like

It’s always personal preference, but NOT looking what your muzzle or trigger is doing may jeopardize yours and others safety.
It is not about muscle memory, I’ve been seeing too many well trained shooters who make that mistake and muzzle themselves trying to find holster or put the handgun back having piece of garment in holster already. :scream:

We practice, to do everything efficiently, fluently and safely. Why use “blind mode” to risk even single mistake.

2 Likes