In the fight, Do you

Your in the fight,you do not even really know how they got this close,:
Does your holster have a retention system, other than you and your wisdom?

Do you use a thumb and bail that if you are in a physical altercation will keep your weapon with you?

Do you use a soft holster that sometimes comes out of your waistband when you pull on the weapon?

Do you turn the belt hook around so that it catches the underside of your belt?

If you go hands on,Do you know if you can retain control of your weapon?

1 Like

I would submit that at bad breath range my gun is staying in the holster and I am going for control of his/her/it’s weapon (both hands). If no weapon, my goal is to break contact in the most violent manner possible; Hands, Feet, Knees, Elbows, Teeth, Fore Head. THEN think about drawing.

I carry a 1911 (cocked and locked) with a thumb brake retention strap/hammer block. The holster is attached around my belt with 2" of 1/8" leather and two directional snaps that are difficult to get off in the bedroom let alone in a fight. My pistol will stay right where I left it.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

I pocket carry.

2 Likes

I have a strong side carry with a support side retention pokey stabby thing. Karambit/Kabar/Benchmade. I will protect my weapon and do some damage to get some personal space back before drawing.

3 Likes

@Aaron25

We agree on one thing

Except I carry 2 Damascus Steel Kerambits

5 Likes

Those are gorgeous.

1 Like

Thank you.

We agree on 3 things then :innocent:

6 Likes

Beautiful! Am a knife girl myself though mine is not that pretty to look it.

1 Like

@Zavier_D those are beautiful. WOW!

1 Like

Thank you, I love Damascus Steel, it’s beautiful, and taken care of properly stays wicked sharp. They have been a life long love.

My cousin taught me martial arts as a kid, as a way to learn discipline. Escrima was one of those arts. It’s a Filipino, stick fighting art, but alot of the sequences where you are making passes with other weapons you can use Kerambits instead.

3 Likes

@Zavier_D I must agree with you that if someone was that close, my weapon wouldn’t go anywhere because of the retention in my holster. I would use both hands to get the threat off of me and go for my persian fighter. The wonderful thing about knives- they never run out of ammo !!! Persian Fighter|243x500 Also Zavier those knives really are beautiful !!

4 Likes

Sweet knife

1 Like

Thank you - hides well also.

2 Likes

@Mike_T

A) Love the Avatar.

Yeah, I’ve studied a few arts since I was 13, my cousin Jim was my sensei. Escrima was one I really got into. Then I really got into using Kerambits. Life long love and I just love Damascus steel.

1 Like

Depends on how I’m carrying. Some of my holsters have a thumb break, some of them don’t. I don’t feel like it’s needed if the pistol is deep enough. It’s certainly a risk we all need to consider. As a coach was once fond of saying, though, if I’m fighting hand to hand, I’ve already screwed up.

2 Likes

This situation would be a good time for an ankle gun (I don’t carry one).

1 Like