Public Restrooms

I’m still new to daily carry, so reading your comments about summer and riding in cars and having a good plan for your day is all very helpful. One question that’s come to mind is what to do in a public restroom? At minimum this could be an awkward scenario. Maybe this is a tough subject to discuss, but I think better to ask now than to explain myself to someone in the next stall. Also, have you all identified any other situations with this kind of challenge?

1 Like

Here’s a great thread for you to read, @Derrick: The Restroom Dilemma

1 Like

Well, it really depends on how you’re carrying. I usually carry IWB at about the 4 o’clock position.

For taking a leak, just saunter up to the urinal, unzip, make use of the hole in the front of the ole underroo’s and you’re good to go.

For the ole afternoon constitutional, I’ve found that getting in position then fastening my belt around my knees keeps my firearm out of sight.

There really is no appropriate way to have this conversation, so you’ll have to bear with my sense of humor.

3 Likes

Dawn you’re amazing. Thank you!

1 Like

Spence it’s not an easy question to ask. Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll be giving the belt a try!

1 Like

When you find some technique that works for you the key is to do what ever you decide the same way every time. There have been LEO’s and Air Marshalls that have dropped there Firearms in bathroom stalls or even forgot their weapons in the bathroom in secure area’s and the panic they went through insured they would not do that again. If you do the same thing every time it becomes automatic. (muscle memory)

3 Likes

Exactly! Muscle memory will help you keep your weapon secure.

1 Like

Well, @Derrick you could do what I do and carry in a carry-corset :grin: but maybe a corset isn’t your thing :laughing:
Some folks (even the guys) do swear by belly-bands though. since they’ve got nothing to do with your belt and drawers, they stay put regardless of what you’re in the gent’s for.

@Dawn’s link to the other thread is a pretty good resource too :smile:

2 Likes

Zee my physique of late suggests a corset IS in fact in order :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:rofl: I’ve heard the corset holsters are very comfortable, @Derrick. I’m guessing they may be a bit warm in summer for me in Wisconsin.

1 Like

@Derrick :laughing: I like it. It’s a plan :+1:
@Dawn the Dene Adam’s one I like is an all mesh back. So it’s not as hot to wear as you might think.

1 Like

I’m a lefty…I honestly find a stall that is all the way to the left and I’m good to go. If that’s not available…I remove my carry from my belt and put it in my pocket…

Didn’t go to the link. Hope I’m not repeating anything :grimacing:. I saw a very helpful video that said to put the holstered gun in your pants when sitting on the pot. It will not be visible from the bottom of the stall, it’s accessible (for what that’s worth :joy:), and most importantly, you will not forget it. I wear a belly band some times and the nice thing about that is you can pull it up higher and leave the gun the way it is.

I subscribe to the school of thought were you don’t handle your firearm more than needed. That means when standing I make use of the folds mens underwear (all types!) have up front so the only thing i do with my pants is unzip.

When I gotta sit (is there a pun here?) I fasten my belt around my calves/knees which tucks the tang right up behind my knee.

No extra handling of the firearm, nobody sees it and i get to do my thing in peace.

This is the nice thing about pocket carry :grin: