Bigger Women Concealed Carry

So I am a bigger woman and I want to conceal carry more. The problem I’m having is that there really isn’t a comfortable spot to carry that I have found and I want to know how you guys do it. I do not want to carry in a purse or anything like that because I don’t think that’s practical. I am currently carrying it on my 3 o’clock but when I sit its kinda uncomfortable. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Sharnna And it is wise that you decided not to carry off body. I can suggest shoulder holsters and belly bands. A few of my neighbors use them and feel them to be comfortable. A lot of women also wear bra holsters and thigh holsters. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums ma’am, if I have to sit for along period of time I usually have it in the 4:00 - 5:00 since I am right handed. Or 7:00 - 8:00

2 Likes

Yes please. That would help Tremendously.

1 Like

Women’s clothing is not designed for carry. I personally have a few pair of jeans that are a size larger (well, they were before working remotely :sob: ) which makes it a bit easier to carry.

I’ve switched to appendix carry because it is more comfortable sitting, driving and in public.

What holster are you using? I’ve found that a leather holster is the most comfortable for me. Kydex and neoprene are great options, the leather is just more comfortable for me. A softer holster might help??

I’ve never worn a corset holster, but I hear great things about them from numerous women I know who carry. Definitely an option. I’ve heard that they aren’t too hot to wear in summer either (which is always a positive if you ask me).

Let us know what you try!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the form ma’am. I’m a big guy and I carry a full size firearm iwb at the 4-5 o’clock range. I use a alien gear 3.5 holster and I love it. Fits comfortably for me. But of course it always depends on the individual on what they feel is comfortable. There’s a discussion with the other women on here that have expressed their views on what they use. Might be worth checking out. Stay safe.

2 Likes

She is not a big woman, but her video does provide a number of ideas: SUMMERTIME CONCEALED CARRY | How to carry (and DRAW) from different outfits and holsters! - YouTube

4 Likes

Everybody or every body is different. What is comfortable for you may be awkward or uncomfortable for others. All of us can give ideas but it is all up to you if they work. I am not presumptuous enough to say what will really work but, I have a beautiful bigger women that I go shooting with and She wears baggy pants and a pocket holster. So, just play with it and move it around., Try to find a place that you can get to it and draw it, a place that is secure, a place that is comfortable. I think of this question like, What underwear should I wear? Whitey tighties, boxers, bikini, or G string? The answer will be, what ever you are comfortable wearing and whatever does the job. By the way, If I had the perfect answer to this question I would market it and get rich!

3 Likes

The Warrior Poet Society guy showed his wife’s holster. It was a sidecar holster made for appendix carry that clipped onto pants, not a belt. I have no data whatsoever about how well it works, but I assume that if John Lovell’s wife uses it, he’s probably vetted it.

Women’s clothing is a pet peeve of mine. It’s almost always skintight, it’s cheaply made, thin, and costs way too much. It’s a big portion of the reason I got a sewing machine.

3 Likes

That, right there.∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Best advice to give anyone, man or woman, especially if you have issues of fit of comfort which the commercial makers can’t be bothered to address.

Sewing clothes isn’t that difficult at the basic and intermediate levels, which covers most garments of the day-to-day sort. It is a new skill set to learn, but so is shooting or cooking or reloading. There are some very good self-teaching resources out there and sewing machines can be had on the cheap at thrift stores. Trust me, a machine that will sew forward, reverse, and zig zag will sew most anything. You absolutely don’t need the dozendy million decorative stitches they want to sell you, or the computerized convenience neither!

2 Likes