What's your favorite movie gun?

Haha! No, they didnt.

1 Like

@Kelly - At least there’s that going for them! The only thing that would drive me more crazy is someone asking “You got any clips for a Glock 9?”

1 Like

@Nathan right?! Even worse: “got any bangers for that 9mm?” Or “beams” instead of laser. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

“Its an 88 magnum. It goes through armor. Through the victim. Through the wall. Through the tree outside…” -Danny Vermin from Johnny Dangerously
Its%20an%2088%20magnum%20it%20_1e1d4c85fb06a13bcb71e6763e625727

2 Likes

That is pretty funny, but they were belt fed guns. :sunglasses:

fostech-rails-600x397

Foster Origin 12…One of my favorites!!!

1 Like

45/110 Sharps from Quigley Down Under. Loved the long range shots with the Sharps, and also the shootout at the end where he uses the Colt “said I didn’t like ‘em, never said I didn’t know how to use ‘em”

3 Likes

I have to agree with many of the choices put forth by yall already…

1. The Pulse rifle from Aliens
  2. Hans Solo’s blaster from Star Wars

But, I must add John Wick’s pistols from the John Wick trilogy.

2 Likes

The Le Mat revolver is pretty cool. .42 caliber pinfire cartidge with a 20 gauge tube below capable of firing buckshot.

Not so much movie as civil war, used by J.E.B.Stuart and other Confederate officers.

1 Like

@Dawn is probably going to remove it. But I laughed mt a** off when I saw this thing.

q1Qg94C

I blurred the picture, people can click on it if they’d like. It’s a PG-13 video. ~Dawn

1 Like

This was actually used in a second movie although I dont remember the name of it.

1 Like

So I made a slight tweak to your post so that anyone who doesn’t want to see it doesn’t have to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost a Movie Gun; it was considered for the original Star Trek TV series.
Gyrojet%20Pistol
Patented in the early 60’s by MB Associates, the GYROJET pistol (also available as a carbine) fired rocket-propelled projectiles. The barrel was actually just a smooth bore tube, the projectiles achieving their stabilizing spin by means of either expanding fins or angled exhaust ports on the base.
Muzzle velocity was about 100 fps, climbing to +/-1250 fps at about 100 feet, after which it dropped off quickly. The fuel burned in about 1/10th of a second and was nearly silent, producing a small hissing sound.
Even though it saw some service in Vietnam, the weapons were highly unsuccessful. A quick web search will turn up several articles as well as some videos on youtube.

But…a rocket gun…how cool is that!

2 Likes

dude, you got “rocket gun” and “star trek” into the same post … YOU WIN!
:rofl::joy::+1::+1::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Thank you. One does what one may.:blush:

1 Like

1 Like

quigley-down-under

Quigley Down Under
Matthew Quigley (Tom Selleck) uses a Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range rifle with a 34" barrel (4" longer than a standard 30" barrel) converted to fire a .45-110 metallic cartridge with a 540 grain paper-patch bullet. It has double set triggers, and is fitted with a ladder-elevated Vernier peep sight and a Globe front sight. Additionally, there is some excellent gun dialogue, seldom seen in many movies.

3 Likes

My geek is really going to show on this one…

It’s Mal’s gun from Firefly.

4 Likes

OK, you got me there. Anything Firefly is cool by definition. How about Jane’s big rifle?

2 Likes