What's your favorite movie gun?

Dredd-Movie-Director-Alex-Garland-Not-Pete-Travis
DREDD the lawgiver

5 Likes

I love this one too! (I may enjoy action movies more than you’re average female :slight_smile: )

It’s actually a tv show, but it’s a parody of a movie. Sledgehammer! was a parody of Dirty Harry. A S&W model 29 was used in the show like in the movies but, nickel plated with custom ivory grips.

Sledge-Hammer

3 Likes

@Dawn Every single gun in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, but especially the Springfield 1903, because sometimes poeple need a touch from far far away.

1 Like

I’d forgotten about this Sledgehammer! Blast from the past! :laughing:

Have you seen the wiki guns for Saving Private Ryan, @Jonathan1?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Saving_Private_Ryan

Sledgehammer! is my absolute favorite cop show. You can learn a lot about what not to do by watching Sledge :grin:

1 Like

My favorite Sledge Hammer episode is when he gets sick, and is delirious, and thinks his gun is talking to him.

That’s definitely a good one. My top two are the one when his gun is stolen, and the one when Dori gets a knock on the noggin and starts acting like Sledge.

1 Like

3 Likes

@BigMike The Cricket!!! yes :smiley: my favorite right there.
@KillJoy I now know what model I need for my unicorn-crazy great-granddaughter when she’s old enough to learn :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

I think it might be the Pulse Rifle from Aliens… which you can actually get:

3 Likes

Screenshot_20190401-105218_Chrome

While I don’t care much for the Desert Eagle in the real world, it is a fantastic Hollywood gun. Plus, I love Bullet Tooth Tony (and this particular scene) from Snatch.

3 Likes

Shot that in the 50 caliber - I rather liked it. Does make everyone all down the gun lane stick their head out and see what the HECK that was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Zee - I shot a 50 Action Express a few years back. It was a blast (ha!), and I enjoyed it. The gun itself is just ridiculously massive, even for me. It is tremendously impractical, but it is fun. I just wouldn’t spend $1500+ of my own money on one.

1 Like

@Nathan - it is a honkin’ big chunk of steel, that’s for sure. I not saying this happened, but it’s possible I got a little smoke smudge on my forehead the first time I shot it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: no… probably didn’t happen :laughing: That thing will definitely give you a shove. I actually like shooting the Desert Eagle 50 a lot more than my hubby does… the cost of rounds though, even reloaded … yeesh!

2 Likes

I once special ordered the gold plated with tiger stripes desert eagle for a customer. When I asked him what he was going to do with it he responded “it’s going to sit on my coffee table as a conversation piece.” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

@Kelly - That is one expensive and tacky conversation piece! Gold-plated guns are for pimps and Arab dictators.

2 Likes

When I was stationed in Texas, there was a shooting range near Ft. Hood called “Just Glocks” you’ll never guess what they sold there. Anyways they had a .50 AE for rent. They put a conversion kit in a Glock .45. The lady running the counter saw I was interested, and she asked “you just got back, didn’t you” I said yes, and she gave me the gun and a few bullets to shoot, on the house. It was cool, and probably the nicest gesture I got for serving.

3 Likes

Did they also refer to it as a “Deagle”?