Stupid TV/Movie Gun Stuff

Forgive me, but I’ve been stuck in the house for two days due to horrendous weather and I must rant. I admit I do not usually watch that much tv. If you’re game, please add what I’ve missed. These are just my recent observations.

• Cops nor criminals frequently carry with a round chambered. Most chamber a round when they get mad or before they go after someone, but astonishingly they have one chambered when they’re ambushed.
  • If a bad guy pulls a gun and puts it in your stomach or to your head it’s ok, just pull yours and they’ll put theirs up…
  • The tea cup grip is a thing and doesn’t effect recoil control :man_facepalming:t2:
  • All rifles are fully automatic…
  • If you are an NCIS LA Agent your pistol is enough to win any gunfight regardless of your opponent(s) fire power and you are such a phenomenal shooter, the two rounds you put in the bad guy usually kills them immediately, unless you need to question them.
16 Likes

you probably won’t run out of ammo
if you do there is another weapon on the ground that you can grab and it will not run out
you can use a 2X4 for cover and be safe

• List item
7 Likes

Let’s not forget about lead bullets that spark off of asphalt, beach sand and wooden telephone poles!
Endless ammo in eight and fifteen round magazines, with no reloads!
And yeah, ( the tea cup is so bad that I see people on the range with said grip, pathetic ) who are the consultants on these shows, the same people that wear the flag on uniforms backwards! :us:( the blue field leads the way ).
9mm Barettas that can stop Mac Trucks.
There are only two people in Hollywood that can handle a weapon properly, Keanu Reeves and Donnie Whalberg.
And the arched back stance. Who teaches people to shoot like this?

!

8 Likes

Running for your life you use your mad hand to hand skills to kill someone who has a full auto rifle, a pistol, restraints, body armor, several mags of ammo and NOD’s and you run right on by all those weapons.

I hate that.

4 Likes

-semiauto pistols that make revolver noises when the hammer is cocked.
-racking the shotgun every couple of sentences to make your point, but no shell is ever ejected.
-handguns of all sizes and calibers that have NO recoil when fired.
-gunfights in enclosed spaces but nobody’s ears are bleeding.
-street criminals running around with full auto weapons.

Just a few off the top of my head.

6 Likes
  • Stationary good guy shot at multiple times by multiple bad guys and doesn’t get hit
    Moving bad guys felled by getting shot once
    Untrained female lead helping male lead win a gunfight

This one, The Walking Dead season 1 got right, Rick inside a tank

4 Likes

Do not forget, cars blow up when you shoot them with a Glock.
Rambo - the one in Vietnam _ Rambo comes back to the head quarters and was able to shoot up the whole place,… with blanks!
For once, I would like to hear the cracking sound when guys are getting shot at in the movies.
Storm troopers can not shoot worth a HOOT, is it the helmet? or target acquisition? What is the range of a laser gun? How come a spaceship can wart of shots with a force field but with one shot the other ship blow up into pieces !

6 Likes

Classic!
Along similar lines, if you find yourself in a standoff with someone, both pointing firearms at one another, you cannot take the shot. You must both put your firearms on the ground and fight hand-to-hand.

7 Likes

Not “gun stuff,” but has anyone ever noticed that every single person of Asian ancestry is a martial arts master (including the Giant Panda)?

10 Likes

Ha ha, yes. I remember one of my close friends in high school used this to his advantage. Anytime someone would pick on him, he’s get into a Hollywood fight stance, and they’d back off. He knew nothing about martial arts, but was fully willing to use people’s biases against them. Wait… is that a stereotype jiujitsu?

Also, every movie character that is at least half Native American is a magician.
And every Nazi had a British accent.

6 Likes

Like most of the worse shows on TV, NCIS just keeps getting more versions and eipsodes.

Don’t forget bottomless coffee…I mean clips…I mean bullets…I mean magazines.

4 Likes

They had to when Glocks had no effect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This also made its way into screaching tires on dirt, sand, wet roads, etc. Gotta love the “realistic” movies and reality shows.

4 Likes

And if you’re lucky enough to find a grainy security video, just “enhance” the image until you can clearly see every person’s face, or even the reflection off their glasses.

7 Likes

This one has always driven me crazy. Penny racks the slide and the gun is clear. She then inserts the mag, but does not rack the slide again. Hofsteader takes the gun and shoots himself in the foot. How did a bullet get chambered?

8 Likes

Silencer shots are more quiet than a needle being dropped on carpet.

5 Likes

A lot of silliness. I would never watch that show. No different than most of the cop television shows decades ago.

3 Likes

Been doing a lot of binge watching of old TV shows. Now that you mention it yesterday I watched an old episode of JAG.

Catherine Bell is hot!

In this episode the opening scene shows a Marine with a scoped bolt action rifle gunning down other Marines on an exercise field. At his Court Martial his actions are described as using an M16. Lo and behold a flashback shot now has him shooting the M16 without a scope. Talk about flip-flop!

4 Likes

Yessir!

Does anyone else wonder why they always find it so urgent to immediately get the bullet out of a GSW that they will do it with a butter knife and a pair of needle nose pliers and some whiskey, and then it miraculously heals up like 95% while the main character or her sidekick takes a nap?

5 Likes

I get DAYS OF OUR LIVES or YOUNG AND RESTLESS confused with NCIS. “Molly has a rare tumor” " But she is my brothers wife who works at the hospital!" “I thought she was dead!” " No, she works for the CIA, she had to go on vacation"

4 Likes