Time to put pettiness aside and join the NRA

Well, I own AR platforms. The 2A has everything to do with staying free from an oppressive, tyrannical government. It has nothing to do with hunting or sporting purposes.

The Founders made that very, very clear. The militia is us. Free people. The Guard can be federalized. As such, it can’t really be a free peoples militia per se.

None of those reasons have diminished at all. Free men and women have nothing to fear if other free people who obey the law have scary black guns.

4 Likes

The NY AG is still pursuant of charges of money laundering & tax evasion along with FBI investigations of fraudulent campaign donations the Nat’l Republican Campaign 2016 & 20 . NRA wants to declare it’s a non profit and move to Texas were they have an Republican controlled statehood more favorable to there BS .
New York Attorney already said they cannot run nor hide from litigation .
Corruption seems to have no end the churches even getting their feet into
serving corrupt politicians for more political clout & monetary gains .

I can’t wait to see how this ties in with the NRA.

3 Likes

“no facts were harmed in the making of this message”

Do you really believe what you typed? Are you an American citizen?

What rules would you put in place? 10 round mags? 2 mags per person? What about old firearms? Inherited firearms?

3 Likes

@Joseph197, I hate to break it to you, but your statements have already been proved false. Take a look at how the NRA was founded first. It was founded as a way to foster improved civilian marksmanship following the civil war in response to the abysmal marksmanship that many civilians displayed upon joining the military, as is the role of the CMP currently. Also, no gun control works. As has been pointed out, less gun regulations, more firearm ownership, less crime. It is a proved fact. I might recommend reading John Lott for actual facts and data regarding this. Also, banning firearms and firearms accessories such as magazines based on some arbitrary list does not work. If you need further proof, take a look at the Clinton crime bill of 1994. This is the bill that banned firearms based on such an arbitrary list such as pistol grip, bayonet lug, adjustable stock, etc. This also included a ban on detachable magazines that held more than 10 rounds. The bill expired. Why do you think that happened? Because there was zero impact on crime. So for all the time, money, and effort that went into that, they got absolutely nothing. But then again it isnt about preventing crime, it is about creating a society that is not able to resist, and a resistant population is the whole point of the second amendment.

7 Likes

Well said @Brian139 . That is it exactly. Thank you sir.

2 Likes

What does hunting have to do with the 2A? Were the deer attacking the early English colonists? Was there a revolution to prevent the deer from eating their crops?

3 Likes

You have obviously made some really poor assumptions about me if you thought I was sympathetic to any of that Marxist propaganda.

2 Likes

I am an active NRA member but not a Lifetime member. I only do 3-year memberships at a time because that is all I can afford. The NRA has its share of squabbles from time to time like any other organization, but they are still the biggest group in the country that can begin to take on Washington and any legislation against our Second Amendment rights. And they have real good training programs for guns, as well as the USCCA. That’s mainly what I support. I am also active in my South Carolina state Second Amendment organization as well. It would be nice to see an organization like the USCCA get big enough to be in the fight to preserve our 2A rights, but I don’t know if that is something that they want to consider getting into. And I understand if they don’t.

I used to be a member. Haven’t been for a while and have no intentions of rejoining. I understanding being unified as a community but they are lacking in so many areas and mismanagement of money and leadership I just can’t support them financially until changes are made. They lost me when Grover Norquist was appointed to the board and they refused to investigate him.

4 Likes

You Worry TOO much about your second amendment rights _ Democrats held the Oval Office 2009 to 2016 without taking them away and won’t do it in 2021 either -

then buy a tank or join the military but civilians don’t need AR 15’s to hunt - and clips over 10 rounds are what ? to kill a rabbit _ you scared of someone ? If more weapons were brought to DC on the 6th what carnage would have have cast?
It was bad enough as it was and many congress members would have been killed - " Hang Mike Pence " chants - Mob & Treasonous actions !

NON profit - yeah my foot _ if it’s non profit and run by ppl like the NRA it’s Corrupt .

2 Likes

What in the world does hunting have to do with this discussion? Are you aware of what the second amendment is for and why the founders enshrined it in the constitution? Due to the constitution, I have no obligation to justify a “need” for any firearm.

And the actions of 1/6 have nothing to do with this conversation. Those events are a separate conversation for a separate thread.

You ask what I am afraid of, yet you are a USCCA member, so you at least carry a gun or have one and recognize the possibility that you might need to use it. What are you scared of?

5 Likes

I belong as I won’t belong to the NRA which has turned from it’s members thru the corrupt president of NRA with pocketing moneys from members for personal use _ a Non Profit org that does what ? It has turned into a hate and
organized Gun manufactures lobby group - not a membership oriented club providing gun safety and leadership of
legal knowledge.It lost it right to sell gun ownership insurance & is now being subject of FBI investigation of Fraud & violation of campaign Money donations to Congress members . along with investigations of foreign money laundering .
No Thanks - It’s moving to Texas but the AG of NY is isn’t allowing it to escape prosecution .
USCCA provides me with training & information and Legal assistance .
Don’t take that 2nd Amendment as a right to walk around with a weapon as if it were “Ol West” Texas is Texas so be it _ other communities are less tolerant to that aggressive stance .

1 Like

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

Worrying about the Second Amendment will keep us free.

6 Likes

Clearly you do NOT understand the Second Amendment. AR-15 or AR-10 ownership is covered by the 2A. If a home is invade by multiple intruders it is a perfect self-defense weapon of choice. I see home invasion on the news and in my own neighborhood regularly. Personally target shooting was fun in the Army. ARs ar NOT machine guns or fully automatic. You can only fire one round at a time. I definitely see a need for a 30 round “magazine” (they’re NOT clips). We’ve had several home invasions by 4 youn men locked and loaded. I recently bought a 1911 and a .308 Win /7.62x51 rifle for fun. But if the need arises I can take down a bad guy with intentions to harm or kill me or my family (wife and children). The second amendment is not a fight to hunt law. It covers multiple rights that “shall not be infringed.”

2 Likes

This isn’t about turning this country back into old west Texas. This is about our constitutional rights. You are entitled to your opinions and beliefs on this, and people in other parts of the country might do a snowflake melt if they actually saw someone carry a gun. But you are not entitled to your own facts, and the fact is, you are dead wrong in what the 2nd amendment is for and what it enshrines for citizens of this country. So yes, banning AR’s and 30 round mags is unconstitutional. So are just about every gun law on the books, and the fact that a law is passed does not make it legal, just like your ill-informed opinion does not Trump my rights. Our rights are continually eroded by government on all issues. This is why groups like the NRA is important, to give those of us who care about the rights, a voice to try to slow or stop the continual corruption of our country’s founding principles.

3 Likes

Used to have respect for them as a safety and training organization, then they became a shill for the gun industry and went off the political deep end, perpetuating the worst of the “culture wars” to generate more fear and, incidentally (?) sell more guns. Once they started caring more about political extremism and less about individual and community safety, they lost me.

USCCA and Liberal Gun Club, yes; NRA, sorry, you made your bed.

2 Likes

I am a member of the NRA. Will NOT renew when the time comes. I am a member of the 2A project and USCCA in hopes that defending our rights will be renewed and not about the power and money. What is the NRA doing about this? I am behind on the news and just learned of it , I am ashamed to admit. https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text?r=90&s=1

2 Likes