There's a difference between looking and shooting

We always recommend shooting a gun before you buy it - and definitely before you carry it!

Kevin talked about the Taurus G3 back in October, but here he gets to shoot it:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/first-shots-with-the-taurus-g3/

Have there been any guns you were on the fence about until you shot it?

5 Likes

An FNS9, wasn’t sure how it would feel in the hand. It had a longer trigger pull than I was expecting.

3 Likes

Kevin is always talking about the Taurus and now I want to shoot one just to see!

2 Likes

That’s what i really like about Shoot Point Blank. Their selection of rentals is extraordinary. I won’t buy without a try.

3 Likes

I’ve bought all my firearms based off multiple reviews. I have to go an hour away to find a range with a wide assortment of pistols & rifles available to try before you buy. This is Glock country out here :triumph:

3 Likes

Ugh! I hate it when they limit the rentals to one brand :frowning:

2 Likes

My range charges by the day. I can shoot for an hour, go get lunch, and come back and shoot more. Their rentals are by caliber and you can switch guns as much as you want in the caliber for no more $. One does have to use their ammo with that program. I’m considering using that program to try the AR platform…if I don’t sort out what I want before that.

1 Like

I’m fortunate the range I belong to has a pretty decent selection of pistols. I was all in on a CZ P10c a while back until I rented it and realized it wasn’t for me. Let me clarify, it was me that was the problem not the gun, it performed above expectation, at the end of the session it just didn’t fit me personally. Rented an FN 509 recently and realized it was for me…it goes both ways.

3 Likes

My Range gave me a great deal. My membership included free 3 rentals… and during each rental unlimited amount of pistols (one each time) :kissing:
So I shot everything they had :sunglasses:

• Glock was out after first touch :-1:
  • M&P 2.0 - I loved this gun (probably would come back to it one day), but slide stop/release drove me crazy
  • Beretta PX4 - Didn’t fit in my hand
  • Springfield XDM - I shot it like newbie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  • CZ-P10 - suggested by my son. Didn’t fit in my hand
  • FN509 - nice looking pistol, but I shot it horribly
  • STI Staccato P - :star_struck: … my wallet got sick and didn’t cooperate with me at all :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
  • SIG (all of them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) - I would say “the best guns of the World” … but not lefty friendly
  • H&K VP9 - another :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - perfect for me
  • Walther PPQ - even better than VP9 :ok_hand:

I tested every version available (full, carry, compact) and thanks to rental I was able to find the best fit !

4 Likes

@Dawn. Only need one brand with Glock. :joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Insert MASSIVE eye-roll here, @Sheepdog556! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I shot the Glock 45 and Sig P365 best, why over the past year have both.

1 Like

I like the feel of the above mentioned firearms. Being a lefty, the Sig might be difficult, but I’ve shot firearms all my life. Only one I have to have a lefty friendly gun is a bolt action. I was taught in my teens how to work with the rest.

2 Likes

Jerry have you shot a PPQ M1, they’re as ambidextrous as I’ve found.

1 Like

I love my PPQ M1. Everyone who shoots it, regardless of hand size, loves it and shoots it well from the first shot. I can’t shoot a 1911 or Glock to save my life. I shot a friend’s G43 a couple of seeks ago and never even hit the target.

1 Like

As long as I can change the mag release I’m good. It’s not necessary, but if I can, I do it. Ambi slide release I dont need. Like it when I have it though. Definitely rare to find an ambi compact semi auto though.

1 Like

You are the first that I have run across that doesn’t shoot one or the other well. I a$$UMe the PPQ is a Walther? I saw some Walther’s at a shop the other day but didn’t fondle them, they remind me of a CZ-75, have you ever tried one of those?

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

HK VP9SK? I much prefer the European release to the U.S. version. It is one of the nice things about the PPQ M1 vs. M2.

2 Likes

It is funny how it works out for different people (hands). I have a lot of friends with Glocks. I’ve tried them all and also rented a few. I can’t imagine ever owning one. I’ve loved every Walther I’ve tried, as if they were made for me (same for metal Berettas). I can’t explain the 1911 bit. I really want a Colt Mustang, but it feels terrible in my hand, so unless the lottery happens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hear you. I’ve been a 1911 guy since Go and while I like the feel of the Beretta I hated the location of the safety (it’s upside down and backwards to me) but I “Had” to learn it (Military). The CZ is a very similar grip and the safety is where it’s supposed to be I ended up trading for a full size EAA Witness years ago and I enjoy shooting the gun but all steel and full size is a bit heavy and big to carry for EDC. That said I saw a compact CZ something at a shop recently in 9mm that was about the size of a PPK with a semi stagger mag but I didn’t get the chance to play with it. I will be going back as they are doing the Ceramacoat on my custom 1911 build and I am going to make a point to fondle it. If they have some Walther’s I will aslo check them out.

Cheers,

Craig6