Calling all Taurus Lovers!

Kevin likes the new G3! Check it out!

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/first-look-at-the-taurus-g3/

Are you adding the G3 to your Christmas shopping list?

4 Likes

I’m interested. I can honestly say, the Taurus guns I have experience with, were fine weapons. They were all revolvers, but, still good guns.

4 Likes

I like Taurus, I never had any problems with Taurus. Never had a misfire, hang fire, never a problem no bad experiences.

5 Likes

Just a little bigger?

I went from the G2C to a much smaller NAA mini revolver and then went full size+ with a G34…

3 Likes

The only Taurus Semi Auto I’ve ever owned was their original PT-92 which was a Beretta Knockoff. Absolutely flawless in operation.

I’m on my 8th Taurus Revolver and still own a total of five and they have all been flawless as well.

Unfortunately my friends and family are prone to borrowing and falling in love with them so I have a hard time keeping them.

5 Likes

I don’t have any complaints with Taurus revolver function or reliability - but we sold the one we had because I hated shooting it. NOT fun, sharp snappy recoil that made my wrist sore, grip that I had trouble getting repeatable position on, overall, not a winner for me.

Haven’t had an opportunity to shoot any of the Taurus semi-autos… so… jury out on that one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While the G3 isn’t on my shopping list, I have had nothing but good luck with Taurus firearms. I have had a few over the years and they all work reliably. Their fit and finish may not always make them as pretty as their more expensive counterparts, but if I don’t need a pretty gun, then I’m all for saving a few hundred bucks.

3 Likes

@MKilmer In my opinion they deliver exactly as promised or stated. A couple years ago I was getting ready to leave out to go shopping one afternoon with my wife and when putting it on my belt I somehow dropped it on the floor in the bedroom, it landed butt up pointed towards the ceiling and it was pointed dead square at my face, one in the barrel to give some background; and as Taurus states it did not self shoot did not go off, didn’t do anything. I was and am still very happy with Taurus guns.

3 Likes

Wow! I bet that made the old ticker skip a beat.

1 Like

Revolvers of all makes transfer much more recoil to your hands and wrists than semi autos.

SA’s absorb a considerable amount of the recoil simply due to the spring and counter action of the sliding mass which buffers it considerably.

1 Like

Well it made me a big fan of Taurus. Seriously they’re good guns and they do exactly what the company states.

1 Like

More competition. More innovation. America!

Looks like a fine budget gun. I understand the importance of price points and quality. I’d like to see a M&P Shield comparison.

Good on Taurus.

1 Like

They also have the best warranty in the business unless it’s changed. They will repair or replace any firearm they produce that leaves the factory with “issues”. I’ve even know of guys who sent one in that was no longer made and ended up getting a newer model back in exchange for the warrantied item.

3 Likes

Honestly I’ve had better luck with Taurus Revolvers than I have Colt or S&W’s.

4 Likes

Yep, one of the reasons I don’t have very many revolvers. That said, I don’t dislike all of them, but the snappier the recoil, the less I like them. And hand-fit is huge.

2 Likes

@Sully_LST I think I have seen a comparison on that. Check YouTube type in your requirements what you are describing and I’m almost positive you are going to find what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Possibly. I’ve had the PT709 Slim but traded that in only because I wanted more magazine capacity. Otherwise I was accurate with it and had no issues. I still own the PT738 .380 and the G2C. The .380 is easy to pocket carry or use as a backup, and the G2C is fun to shoot at the range. I might start including the G2C as part of my EDC rotation, but only after more use at the range.

2 Likes

I own a single Taurus pistol- the G2C. My 1st few trips to the range, I didn’t like it much. In fact, I was gonna sell it to a family member. But, my uncle encouraged me to give it one more try. I’ve liked it ever since. Outside of the crappy box it comes in, I think it’s an excellent gun & perfect for the budget conscious shopper. I’m looking into adding the TX22 to my collection also. :v:t5:

2 Likes

My first gun was a Taurus. I loved it, but when I actually learned something about guns, I realized I had competition pistol, not a combat pistol.

As a competition pistol, my gun had adjustable sights. As I was gearing up for my Concealed Carry qualification, my sights adjusted on their own. I set about trying to find combat sights for my gun, but could find nothing. I asked Taurus for help, and they were…not helpful.

I eventually found a place out of Santa Fe that makes pyramid sights that fit, just in time for my class. Add their unhelpful customer service to the 12 round magazines that double feed my gun any time I load more than 10 rounds, and refuse to hold more than 11 rounds, and I am not likely to buy another one.

3 Likes

I had a Taurus 24/7 .40 cal I traded and like every other gun I seem to trade I always wish I didn’t and want it back after a year or so.

1 Like