Anyone have a Taurus G3C?

I am thinking on buying a Taurus G3C for my wife and was looking for honest opinions on it.

3 Likes

My step-daughter bought one for herself and I took her to the range. I took it apart and oiled it
and we fired about 100 rounds without any problems right out of the box, she is a very new shooter and had no trouble handling it. The 12 round mags fed fine but need a break in of course
and I bought her the loading tool so she didn’t break a nail. :slightly_smiling_face:
The trigger was better then the PT709 I have and all in all seemed a good pistol.

6 Likes

Taurus G3c - Guns & Gear - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

Taurus G3c Gun Review | Concealed Carry Pistol | USCCA Blog - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

5 Likes

I’ve shot the G2C. Surprisingly soft shooter. There’s a lot of people on the internet proving they can handle a pretty high round count and abuse.

I say the Taurus G series is a good to go buy, especially for someone whose not going to be putting thousands of rounds down range every month.

If you want more look up James Yeager’s video on it. I know he’s a knucklehead but he did a video series where they put the Taurus G2C through the ringer.

5 Likes

Have a couple of millennium one elevens g2 always ran well. Couldn’t beat the price & rebate at the time, guaranteed forever.

3 Likes

@RogerL Had my eyes on one, very affordable price wise, not a bad choice, I ended up with a sig P365, but it is a pretty good gun.

1 Like

I have a G2c and love it. I’m also very interested in the new g3xl. It has a four inch barrel compared to my G2c having a 3 inch barrel but the g3xl has the same size grip as the G2c. This appeals to me because a lot of times it’s tough to conceal a four inch barreled gun because the grip is too big. It sticks out of the shirt. My G2c practically disappears when concealing and I think the g3xl would as well. I’ll check back after I’ve gotten one.

3 Likes

I have had mine for over a year now and love it. I have had no problems in over 2500 rounds. Accurate and problem free. You can use 15 and 17 round G3 mags in it as well.

2 Likes

I have a G2C also,bought it to wear in an ankle holster for a what if circumstance as a back up if knocked to the ground,have had it about 3yrs or when they first came out,it is the first 9mm i have had,prefer the 45,but also built a 16" AR 45 and a AR 9mm for cqb situations

3 Likes

I am also looking at the G3x for my wife to use as a carry weapon and it looks like a good gun but I’m leaning toward the Gx4 as it doesn’t have the slide trigger, it’s a little less aggressive in its texturing of the handguards, and with the 13 rd. magazine it has a place perch your pinky. Either way I think the Taraus makes a reliable, reasonably priced option.

2 Likes

We bought one for the wife. It is her main at the moment.
Works just fine. Haven’t had any problems with it, is pretty accurate.
One of the things she was looking for is it is easy to rack the slide. Some guns give her problems in this regard.

Her main complaint at the range is 12 round mags use the ammo up faster LoL. He original was a single stack S&W Shield EZ that had 8 round mags…

1 Like