Taurus G2C

Hello everyone, I just purchased a Taurus G2C 9mm. Does anyone have a comments on it. I still haven tried it out since all the shooting ranges are closed in last vegas. There is only one but you have to do reservations and they are booked till next month.

5 Likes

It’s a great gun and it has a great reputation.

If this helps, My father has a Taurus pt111 (older Taurus striker fired gun.) I’ve shot The pt111 and it is a great gun, and comparable to many guns double its price.

2 Likes

I just purchased mine last month and shoot it periodically. I live outside city limits and got plenty of space to shoot. So far it has not caused me any issues. Like it so much for the cost I got my wife the spectrum 380. I got a holster off concealment express . Com and love it

3 Likes

G2C is an awesome little pistol, tempted to grab another.

5 Likes

Purchased one a couple months back and while the gun feels great I was not impressed with the trigger and plastic guide rod. I have since replaced both and the trigger feels much better.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone hope a range opens up because I’m itching to test it out.

3 Likes

I haven’t bought one, yet. But standing in a gun store handling guns in that size category it was clearly the most comfortable fit. One of those “Oooo, that feels perfect in my hand” reactions.

I’ve read/watched all the reviews out there, and other than comments about the trigger it sounds great. Interested in all the feedback here. @Joseph_1970 what trigger did you replace the stock one with?

1 Like

Yeah send me in the right direction with ur new trigger. Interested now

1 Like
3 Likes

Hey Marco, got mine last year, very satisfied so far. After shooting a smaller, polymer-frame pistol, the G2C feels like a Cadillac to shoot. I love the stipple on the grip, the overall ergonomics, and very manageable recoil. Have ordered a 17-round magazine as well.

If I have a complaint, it’s a very minor one. The trigger “breaks” very far back into the pull. Takes some getting used to.

For the money, a fantastic firearm. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I like mine, my iwb holster cost more than the pistol with viridian laser and two mags brand new.

I found it to be a good compact pistol, I had bought it thinking my wife would like it but after shooting she didn’t and wanted my FiveseveN instead (that range time went so wrong for me lol). I found it had a longish trigger pull but with the right practice double tapping was very easy by not letting the trigger play up any farther than the click you feel after firing the first round and that makes the trigger break quicker. Also you can pull the striker box and clean that for smoother operation.

I see a fair number of them at range for CCW quals. I have yet to see one have a problem.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a OWB holster that accommodates with the Viridian E95 laser? Having a difficult time and any help would be appreciated

Found one

1 Like

Hi Nick I bought Taurus MILLENNIUM G2 PT111 G2 about 3 months ago and i love it, also purchased a BLACKHACK CQC (CLOSE QUARTERS CONCEALMENT) OUTSIDE THE WASTE BAND. This is a paddle holslter rig or a belt rig they probably make something for what your looking for. If not they will guide you to something! They are a great company.

1 Like

,I bought the Millenium G2 PT111 About 3 months ago. Know alot about Taurus good things and some not so good, though with the with the last last 10 years they have come along ways and have shown they can lead the way with the big boys Sig S&W Glock ect. With keeping the price down by $200 to 350 on some models and keeping the same results. I watched many videos on these guns and almost 97% had no problems had all as far as jams or stove pipes. Only problem was trigger pull that a lot of complaints were heard on and yes I also did not like this trigger. Most shooters said once you shoot enough rounds through you get plenty use to the trigger pull, the the trigger pull for me long, long, to long made my reflexes feel funny it just was not right.

The only thing I hold back about this weapon is the trigger, sights, rod guid. But remember this is for me and how i feel comfortable with the gun and how everyone should feel or do. I changed out the trigger and sights, sight for fiber optics, only for the reason my eyes. Guide rod only for the reason i did not like plastic and did not want to be stuck at the range if it ever broke. Those were my choices to do.

Although I will say lots n lots of guys like the trigger pull and the rest the gun, its all up to the shooter and how the gun feels in your hand and how good it shoots and the recoil, the grips, stippling is outstanding they did an awesome job. This is a great gun like i said it stands up to all the big guys and i have shot over a thousand rounds in this gun not one failure nothing. The best thing about this gun. I paid $189.00 at GANDER OUTDOORS, IT WAS ON SALE. They run this gun on sale at a regular basis guys n gals jump at it your regrets are 0!!

A few months back the TAURUS G2 WAS THE NUMBER ONE SELLING GUN IN AMERICA i maybe wrong on this, I also heard from 2 guns shops they were flying off the shelves. I will be buying another Taurus G2 when on sale again!

1 Like

@Jeff72, thank you for the informative feedback. I would like to change the plastic rod and found a kit to fill that need, so I ordered it. The sights are next. The trigger, I’m getting used to it.
I’ve put about 500 rounds through it with zero defects or jams, so very satisfied overall with my purchase and choice of EDC gun.

1 Like

Great choice to purchase, enjoy. Just do all of us a favor. Let all of us know where your Big Factory that makes all your 9 mm ammo. So that we can buy some too. Joking with you. Please know you made a great buy.

1 Like

The big factory is in my shop lol, with my DILLON RL 550C PROGRESSIVE. I love this reloading machine, i can pump out as much as 458 rounds an hour that was most, max so far. I went back to reloading when all the crises started with the ammo shortage and I do not regret this one single bit! I now always have shells and ready to go and shoot at the range!

1 Like