Taurus G2C what you think?

Hey family!! I have a friend wanting to sell me a Taurus G2C. I’ve shot it and it feels good. Everything felt functionable and working good. I took it apart and looked all through it, Good shape.

What do you think about the Taurus G2C?

What would you pay for one with light wear?

4 Likes

I am not familiar with this particular model but Tarus makes very solid guns at a great price.

2 Likes

I know 4 or five guys that have it. 3 used to be cops and they love it. I have shot it when with them at the range. I agree it’s a great gun. I have seen used going to 350 with night sites and laser. Hole this helps

2 Likes

Ty @Joshua_R. That does help.

1 Like

Good choice for cheap money ! If the firearm passed function check - go ahead.
Price wise… $250 for used one…

I’ve checked the model - Palmetto State Armory has it for $299 + S&H. Ready for ship today !

Before pandemic, this model was available for $179.00

2 Likes

I bought a G2C when they first dropped. It was a solid pistol. I sold it because I found another pistol with similar capacity that I wanted to upgrade to. I would’ve kept it but it served no purpose in my collection.

Considering how crazy things are now, a G2C would be more than adequate. I know several guys who carry a G2C every day. $250 is a bit high in my opinion for a used one. But, brand new… I’d say Taurus gives you a lot for under $300.

:v:t5:

2 Likes

Wow that’s cheap. Darn pandemic!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@DLVick38, so when you had it, no problems?

1 Like

My best friend and Army buddy loves his. He has not had the first problem with it. I shot it and rather liked it.

1 Like

No problems with it as far as performance or look… I didn’t care much for the cardboard box it came in though (same issue with Ruger)! There are so many great firearms out there that the major deciding factor is really the consumer’s budget.

For example, I started out with a PSA build for an AR15. Then, I went for Springfield. Next year, I would like to get a Daniel Defense. The gun industry is competitive (thankfully) & there is a manufacturer who will sale you a dependable firearm whatever your budget is. :100:

The pandemic has changed THINGS, no doubt :triumph::v:t5:

1 Like

Right on. Well then I think I am going to get it. His wife likes my Phoenix arms hp22 and he was talking a trade. The 22 is good to train on for beginners but I think it’s time to say goodbye.

Ok he just sent me a proposal, tell me what you think.
He said his Taurus G2C and 2 box’s of 9, for my Phoenix arms hp22 and $150. Bucks.

My Phoenix is well used, brand new are $150. I’ve put 1000’s of rounds through it. Brand new the G2C is almost 300 right ( it’s lightly used ). Plus two box’s of gold ( 9 mm ammo ).

Tell me what you think

I think this is a fair deal.
If you assume that 9mm round costs $0.5, then Taurus G2C is gonna cost you $200.

2 boxes of 9MM = $50
Used (in good condition) HP22 = $100

But from financial perspective - what you are going to spend is $150… and that is a great price for G2C :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Good because I really want it. Lol, I really already had my mind made up. Just needed some justifiable Intel. Sounds like you need to be a gun broker @Jerzees. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I bought a G2C new for $229 a couple months back. It’s my EDC and fits well in my hand and on my body.
I’ve put several hundred rounds through it with absolutely no issues whatsoever

2 Likes

@Justin47. I purchased mine 1+ years ago new, at the recommendation of a local gunsmith, who said they were solid guns. I absolutely love mine. I’ve got 700+ problem-free rounds through it. I especially like conceal-carrying it, as it’s a narrow gun ideally suited to AIWB carry.

Back to our “safeties” discussion. Being a striker-fired gun, with a very light trigger, I had to train with it for several months before I felt comfortable carrying with a round chambered. I do so now.

I wouldn’t be too concerned with wear on the gun, and as for price, I wouldn’t give more than $225. Happy shooting!

2 Likes

Thank you @Paul1 and everyone donating there opinion. I think I am finishing the deal today at some point. And I miss understood him about the wear. I thought he bought it used, but I was wrong. He bought it brand new. He has the box and everything. He told me there has only been two mags cycled through this gun. It’s basically new. So now I know for a fact I’m getting a good deal. :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Give him a tip then :wink:

2 Likes

What like “don’t eat yellow snow”? :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Here it is lady’s and gentle men. :grin::grin::grin::grin::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Congratulations ! :handshake:

Now it’s time to run 2 boxes of given ammo through it :love_you_gesture:

Have you noticed, it has magazine release set up wrong way? :wink:

2 Likes

What do you mean? It’s in the same spot as my other handguns.

1 Like