Taurus G2C problems

Hello. I was wondering if anybody else conceal carries the Taurus G2C 9mm and if so have you had any problems with it? Failure to feed, trigger problems, safety problems.

Reason I ask is because I have had mine for a little over a year and sometimes when I fire it, the safety engages automatically when I shoot. It’ll just go on safe by itself. I don’t even touch it. Any ideas as to what could possibly be causing it too happen? Other than the safety this gun has been rock solid and hasn’t given me any other problems. I’ve probably shot over 600 rounds through and have yet to have a single round of ammunition jam on me.

1 Like

Is the safety catching on the slide when it cycles?
FTF? dirty feed ramp, Magazine follower?

2 Likes

No all of that stuff is clean as a whistle. I just try to pull the trigger and the gun won’t even fire. The safety will just go up into position. It doesn’t happen all the time but occasionally it will and that’s not good if ever have to rely on that gun to save my life.

Does this only happen when loaded or a magazine inserted or completely empty?

I put a little oil on those parts to help lubricate it so I’ll have to see if that makes a difference. I’ll have to take it out to the range one of these days and shoot it. But if it keeps happening I’m definitely gonna have to get it repaired.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think you would need to oil that part, just the rails on the frame where the slide meets.

3 Likes

I did that as well. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m hoping it helps.

3 Likes

The only things I would think to check on is the manual safety sphere and manual safety spring.
Hth

2 Likes

Okay cool. Thank you. Is that a pretty easy repair?

2 Likes

Depends on how comfortable you are breaking down the pistol, from the exploded view it looks easy.
I would give Taurus a call first if it is still under warranty

2 Likes

I don’t think it is because I have owned it for over 1 year but I’ll look into it. Thanks man

2 Likes

Hopefully that helps.
Let us know what you find out

2 Likes

Will do. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’d bathe it really good. Wet it, Tax it on the range. Make sure my firing platform is stable. Observe and record when it does it, under what condition it does it, at what points in the firing cycle it does it, so that when you send it back to the manufacturer, they’ll have your points of reference, and be able to check from there - who knows what will eke out. That’s what I would do. Unless of course, you are a gunsmith.
What I wouldn’t do is carry it, until the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out operator error. Maybe have some else shoot it or shoot opposite handed.

3 Likes

Good point. LF34, are you left handed or right handed?

1 Like

Shoot it left handed if it still happens it’s mechanical, if not your thumb is the problem.

2 Likes

What did you find out, any updates on your issues?

I’m right handed. My friend Steve and I both shot it just a few days ago at our local gun range and it seemed too shoot just fine. No problems. He’s thinking that my thumb might somehow be bumping the safety when the slide cycles because he said my safety did seem a little sensitive.

2 Likes