Taurus G2C trigger sticking

Hello everybody. I’m having problems with my trigger sticking on my Taurus G2C. Has anybody ever had this problem before and if so how did you get it fixed? I’ve owned the gun for nearly 2-3 years so I don’t believe it covered any longer under Taurus’s warranty. I’m leery about sending it in for repairs with shipping regulations being so strict as far as the different carriers go. What should I do? Thanks.

3 Likes

Have you tried stripping down and cleaning good, also check your spring alignment if you did any drop in triggers ECT

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Wilson8

2 Likes

@Wilson8 Welcome to our community we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:
That would have been my first question suggestion also. :+1:

2 Likes

@Wilson8 - welcome to the Community :handshake:

@Lakerfan34 - it can be caused by 2 things:

1. dirty striker assembly (especially the plastic striker guide) and dirty striker channel
  2. trigger safety hook which unlocks when you press on safety trigger blade.

Before sending it anywhere, dissemble the pistol and do a good clean of all the parts, especially those mentioned above.

7 Likes

Do what @Jerzees said. Better yet replace the plastic part with a new one.

4 Likes

And also when you decide to replace the plastic striker guide, go with metal one:

5 Likes

IIRC Taurus has a lifetime warranty and sending your gun in for repairs either to a manufacturer or a licensed (FFL) gunsmith and getting it mailed back to you directly is perfectly legal.

But a good cleaning is in order first. There are plenty of YouTube videos that will walk you right through a detail stripping and assembly.

5 Likes

@Wilson8 Welcome to the community, and good input.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies everybody. I appreciate it. I did strip down the gun to clean inside of the striker assembly really good and it still catches so I believe after reading these replies that it’s either the plastic striker assembly or the trigger hook. I will probably take it into my local dealer for repairs but if it’s too expensive I will find out if they can mail it out too Taurus for me too get fixed. I will try too upload a video clip of what the gun does.

2 Likes

Is it “clicking/sticking? Trigger safety hanging up?

3 Likes

@Lakerfan34 Change the plastic striker guide with the metal one like Jerzy suggested, it’s not expensive, it’s worth a try!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s doing both of those things. I think I fixed it though. I sprayed some high pressure gun medic cleaner and lube quick fix by hoppe’s down into the trigger and striker assemblies. Then dry fired it using a laser cartridge on my smokeless range system. I probably did over 200 trigger presses and no hang ups. The only way I’ll find out for sure is too take it out and shoot it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks you guys. These suggestions will help me out. I have a friend who is interested in acquiring this gun from me. So I made her a deal. It’ll be the first gun she’s ever owned. I told her since it has been having so many problems I’ll pay for it too get the gun fixed and will let you have the gun for free if you sign up for a USCCA membership.

2 Likes

didn’t it come with Taurus’ limited lifetime warranty? I thought they all do now. I would check on it . I’ve had pretty good luck calling customer service and then leave request for a call back. very quick call back times the several times I did it. I don’t know about sticking but, have seen/heard several reviewers tell of a quite long pull on those

I was able to fix it. The trigger mechanism was really dirty. I used hoppe’s 9 gun medic cleaner and lubricant to clean it out. I highly recommend it too keep firearms clean because it uses quite a jet of pressurized cleaner. It’s been functioning flawlessly now. Taurus makes good budget guns but if somebody owns one they really need too be kept clean in the trigger assembly to keep the action functioning well.

2 Likes

Very smart and very kind of you! :+1::+1:

1 Like

:joy: It is shocking discovery for me… Taurus needs cleaning? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m glad you figure out how to make it work again without spending extra money on it !

2 Likes

I didn’t even think that the inside of the trigger assembly can get dirty but they sure do. I was shocked.

2 Likes