Taurus 605

I feel like talkin’ about guns today for a change. Taking a break from all the political stuff.
I just bought my first Taurus. I wanted a medium sized revolver, and after searching around I decided on a five shot Taurus 605 .357/38 stainless. Thought it would be a nice change from the semi-autos. I’ve read and seen reviews, but I wanted to see if any of my brother and sister USCCA members had any thoughts or experiences with it.

1 Like

My experience is that Taurus, steel revolvers seem to work just fine. It’s the polymer revolvers, and pistols that the QC seems to be lacking. If it’s what you can afford, go for it. Having other guns, I wouldn’t snub my nose at a 605. For a small revolver, I would prefer a Ruger or if one can afford a Kimber K6. But the 605 isn’t junk.

Thank you. I do have Ruger and S&W semi-autos. My other revolver is a 686 Smith, but it’s to bulky for EDC. I appreciate your input.

2 Likes

@Mike I have a 605, and never really had any problem with it besides the yoke set screw kept wanting to back out, so I threw some super glue on the threads and it’s fine. I carry mine as a back up gun. I’ve probably ran north of 2000 rounds in it.

@James. That’s great to hear. Thank you

1 Like

I have a Taurus PT709 and the only issue I had was the screw on the rear sight came out and had to get it replaced, but other than that it has been really dependable. Taurus makes really great guns and I have been shooting their revolver at a gun range here by my house to test it out and was pleased how well it shoots. The gun range let’s you try out different guns for a small charge of the ammo used and use of the gun and reasonable on the price to try out different guns.