Carrying a taurs 856

hello all i have been kinda eyeing wheel guns but wasn’t sure if I would like one. I missed out on a nice lcr at my local gun store and lately its been a crazy shoot on what they get in or trying to find a specific gun. Well i was at dunhams with the little guy getting some stuff and just happened to notice a little taurs 856 was on sale. So I picked up a matte stainless for 270 kinda spur of the moment. What a good way to summer carry this thing. Thank you

2 Likes

Hard to beat Taurus for a well made gun at a bargain price. As for a holster it depends so much on body size and shape. My EDC is a sig p365, but when I carried the taurus I used a bianchi suede iwb and I’m 6’1" 225lbs. Good luck in your search.

2 Likes

hello all im going to pick up a carry revolver. I narrowed it down to a yaurs 856 but can’t decide on the ultra light of just steel.the ultra seem a lot better to carry

1 Like

Felt recoil will come into play, as the lighter frame will transfer more recoil to your wrists & arms. Do you know someone who has one of them for you to try out before you buy?

1 Like

No i don’t know any one with them but I do carry and shoot a lcp 2 380. I wonder how the 38 ultrablight compares to it

1 Like

I am a steel guy, at 72 years old the wrist are not what they used to be.
If you are youger( and who isn’t) maybe the lightweight will work for you, if possible rent one at the range or cantact a friend/owner in your area and give it a try.

Good Luck

1 Like

IMO, if you are planning on doing a lot of range practice with the 856, get the all steel. I think that model is too big for pocketed carry anyway, and once you put things on a proper gun belt with a decent holster, a few ounces difference will hardly be noticable.