Redundancy for your EDC?

These are my twin EDCs M&P Shield Plus in 9mm. One is the regular Plus the other is the Performance Center. Love them both.

12 Likes

Well, kind of, sort of, “guilty as charged”. Not the same exact make and model, but close enough to it where it would be a smooth transition.

4 Likes

I have a G43 with an optic and +1 mag as a primary and one without and stock mag in case I have to pocket carry.

7 Likes

I agree with you Nathan. One thing that motivated me to do this was yesterday at the range I had decided to not shoot my EDC and just shoot my secondaries. While my Kimber 45 is still a favorite of mine I’m going to take my sig p 938 out of rotation. It’s not that I don’t shoot it well I do but just is not fun to shoot. It’s easy to conceal reliable as my old dog but I just don’t enjoy shooting it. I’m going to keep it mostly because I rarely sell anything and in a pinch I have a great holster and conceals so easily. But even with moderate loads it just tears my pinky up.

4 Likes

I carry a Sig P365. It is the base model with no accessories except a Hogue grip sleeve. I absolutely love this pistol. It is easy to conceal even with the 12 round magazine. Even with the 3.1 inch barrel, it is quite accurate. After hundreds of rounds, I have never had a stoppage or malfunction of any type.

I would probably not get another base model P365. Not that I would not mind having two, but I will instead get the slightly larger P365 XL. It seems to be the best of both worlds. It is still concealable but, I would imagine, a little easier to shoot. But I would not have considered it without first being so impressed with the first one.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Virgil_H enjoy your day sir!:birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday brother @Virgil_H and may you have health, long life and prosperity. God bless you.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday brother man.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Virgil_H

5 Likes

Thank you guys, I sure appreciate it. You folks are the best!

5 Likes

Took the new hellcat for a test drive today. 7 yd iron sights 100 rounds as fast as I could fire and reload. No malfunctions all magazines work well. My hands could sure tell with no stops other than to grab the next mag laying out. Ordered talon grips the same color as the hellcat and decided to go ahead and order another swamp Fox sentinel. Going to be having some medical test tomorrow and didn’t know when I would get the chance next to get to the range again so I wanted to get it done after changing the mag release over for my left hand this morning. And she looks good in my regular EDC holster.

6 Likes

In my rotation. All the same platform and I pratice shooting at lest once a week. I rotate each one for range trips.

6 Likes

Not really possible in my neck of the woods unless you’re talking brand new and CA-DOJ approved firearms, and then there is probably a limit on how many guns you can buy during a given timespan.
CA has the dreaded Roster, you see.
Many firearms are no longer being sold here, and used firearms are seldom on the market.

1 Like

Nathan after a little thought I think you are correct. I’ve got over a thousand rounds through my primary carry hellcat without a hiccup. I’ll use the second one for range practice and training. Once I have sufficient rounds through number two to know I can depend on it, I’ll just carry it from time to time.

3 Likes

I love my 2011! Here is mine before they became Staccato

7 Likes

Litte STI beauty

2 Likes

Pretty much. I have two 1911s with 3" barrels. My primary is aluminum frame and my backup is steel frame, which should hold up to more use at the range. No matter what other firearms I might take to the range, I always take my backup EDC to practice with it also. With the steel frame, recoil is slightly less, but not by much so it’s a good substitute for the one that’s always in my holster. And if I’m ever involved in an incident and the police confiscate my primary, my backup is familiar to my hand & holster.

4 Likes

I love shooting my 1911s. I have a 4-inch barrel Kimber that I carry from time to time but it is not my primary. There is just something satisfying about shooting a 1911 especially in 45 ACP to me

3 Likes

43X, 43X MOS (both with Glock factory round mags), and 19 gen5 MOS with proper holsters. Both MOS’s have Holosun green dot sights mounted.

4 Likes

I have two HK USP 45 Stainless, and I CCW both of them everyday. There is a reason I cary both of them, but I am not going to go into it right now.

4 Likes