What is your edc backup gun?

Mine is Smith and Wesson 342.

3 Likes

Beretta Tomcat .32 cal. 7 shot 1 in the barrel, loaded with Underwood Extreme Defender 60grn. :us:
Carried mostly in the winter when a heavy coat can obstruct my .45.

4 Likes

I don’t carry a backup but if I felt I needed one I would add my .380 LCP Max.

3 Likes

While I have a few options, I have never carried a backup. My first move is always to flee/leave/run like a school girl, my back-up plan is to draw my EDC. If I get down to option C, I am winging it so I have high hopes for plans A and B!

8 Likes

I’ve carried a Ruger SP-101 in .357 on a few occasions but not as a regular habit.

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

365 rmr

6 Likes

I don’t have one.

At some (limited) times in the past, I’ve done a 642 in an Ankle Glove or a P32 in a pocket. I haven’t carried two guns in many years. I do still have the relevant guns and holsters though.

3 Likes

I carry a couple different ones just depends where I’m going. Beretta bobcat 21A 22Lr almost always is with me, then there’s my Kel-Tec P32 & my Beretta tomcat 32acp. :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

Only one concealed carry at a time in New Mexico.

3 Likes

I have yet to hit the target with mine. I know that it is me and not the firearm. I’d have a better chance of throwing it (unloaded)!

5 Likes

Ouch that would hurt. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I just carry my M&P 9 Shield Plus Performance Center. But I may consider carrying a backup which would be my Ruger LCP 2 380 auto in a Sticky brand pocket holster loaded with Hornady Critical Defense or Critical Duties.

3 Likes

White or dayglow paint on tiny blade helps. Mostly it’s a point & shoot using indexed trigger finger for initial direction. Plus for me it’s more accurate 1handed given the small size of the 3032Tomcat

4 Likes

There’s no such thing as too many backup guns.

Screenshot_20211217-220659

8 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about @SkippySanchez :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

@Brad my Berretta Tomcat is right on the money at 7yrds & still hanging in there at 15yrds center mass. Now I have a good friend that had the same problem as you’re having with his Beretta Tomcat, I told him to send it into the factory and they changed out the barrel, slide and some other parts when he got it back he couldn’t believe how good it was shooting. Happy Holidays :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

@SkippySanchez Got that right :+1: I can grab another fully loaded gun faster than reloading. Can’t have too many backups. :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes

It is according to where I am going to whether I have a backup gun. Most times that would be the 32 Tom Cat with a laser and loaded with Critical Defence or Liberty ammo.

3 Likes

Don’t really need a backup in my situation but if I feel the need for something extra my primary pistol becomes my backup and I carry one of my short barrel AR’s or pcc’s. If I REALLY need a backup pistol I rely on my Glock 43 or 42 loaded with Super Vel 115gr +p copper solids in the 43 or HST’s in the little .380.

4 Likes

6 Likes