Redundancy for your EDC?

I have a question for everyone. How many of you are so impressed with your primary EDC you own two of the same firearms in case one goes to the shop or somehow out of commission?

15 Likes

I wish. I’d surely love a spare PPS and VP9SK.

5 Likes

I CC a Glock 30 or a Glock 41. I have 1each of those extra in my safe. They were my backups, brand new. But after a thread here previously about trusting a brand new firearm for CC, I took them to the range and broke them in. Put them back in my safe.

So yes I keep a backup for both of my CC firearms.

8 Likes

I do it. I carry my G17 Gen 5 mostly but now have a 47 as a second carry gun that can be easily alternated. Usually topped with the slide from my 19 Gen 5 as I’m really starting to like that balance. But having 2 Glocks with the same size frame, taking the same magazines, and sharing some level of interoperability is a nice way to set up consistency. And now, I also have a backup or a second gun I can stage in another room. And I will undoubtedly use it with my CCHD students down the line.

(NOTE: These are on top of my G19 and 26 which also share the same fundamental platform and compatibility with holsters and magazines but fit more specific needs.)

5 Likes

No twins but lots of siblings.

15 Likes

Currently, my Sig P365 Specter Comp has treated me well. I wouldn’t mind another but I am still trying to diversify my collection first and fill needs. However, I would like a backup copy of it at some point. Then my wife would end up carrying it anyways.

7 Likes

I wish I had done so. :thinking:

3 Likes

Same here. DR920 and CR920

5 Likes

I do, two shield plus 4’ Performance Centers

4 Likes

I have the MR920

5 Likes

I have twin XDMs.

4 Likes

I’m going to tell R I need another EVO, just in case, never know when it might break and I’d hate to be caught with an unfamiliar EDC… Stay Tuned :innocent:

4 Likes

I liked the Hellcat so much I went and bought the PRO. Now they both serve. Of course, I purchased the PPS, one chambered in 9mm and the other in .40S&W, but now they both sit in the safe. Of the Glock family, I had 3, transferred two (G42/43), and the 17 sits in the safe all sweet look’n, The 1911-G gets Winter Carry, while the Kimber Ultra Carry II gets Spring. All others are range guns, basically, to include the P320 Carry (now X-Carry). And depending on the event, the Ruger LCPII gets to ride in the pocket. But as for twins for the sake of twins, I guess I don’t get any closer than the Hellcats and the PPSs.

I’m thinking if I had Siamese twins, I’d probably want to carry them both at the same time. Just me of course.

Geesh, I don’t need no more guns… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Well guess what? Now I have twins. One male one female IE optic. I got them to throw in another 15 round mag just to make me feel better about it! LOL now I have to sit down sometime this week hopefully and change the mag release over to the left hand side.

9 Likes

Did you change out those irons yet? Sweet when you do (if you haven’t already), IMO.

3 Likes

Not going to change out the irons. The optic on my EDC allows standard sites to co-witness. I also don’t mind the u-shaped rear sight. The optic is a swamp Fox sentinel.

5 Likes

One of the New Year resolutions!
If only they were readily available. ( like on the shelf )
I know, the year is almost over!
Kimber Ultra Raptor.45ACP
Maybe this weekend, good thing,
procrastination on my part constitutes an emergency on their part! :joy:

7 Likes

I have thought of doing that. I really enjoy carrying my Glock 22. I am thinking of getting one and keeping it completely stock.

6 Likes

Only mods I have made to my Glocks is adding Streamlight to them

4 Likes

I have said redundancy

People who actually shoot a lot benefit from having duplicates. Shoot one enough to prove it, then make it primary carry. Shoot the other one for most of your training and practice, matches, etc. Only shoot the EDC one here and there to rotate ammo, because it’s time to clean it from carrying anyway, etc. But mostly put rounds on #2. If something happens to primary, carry #2.

Or you can have two different sizes of the basically same thing. A Glock 19 and a Glock 26. A Glock 22 and a Glock 23. 17 and 19. Etc. Switch them based on season and clothing but if something happens to one, make the other one work. They are close enough you don’t have to worry about training differently or doing anything differently

9 Likes