Do you have more than 1 edc handgun? Why?

Do you have more than 1 edc handgun? Why?

Did you retire/replace an edc handgun, but still have it? Do you have various handguns you put into the rotation?

3 Likes

Two, but it is one or the other, not both at the same time. PPS is much easier for me to carry. VP9SK for when I have a heavier jacket and it is cooler out. The latter allows more ammo, but not a lot more. Neither are enough for 40 guys on 4-wheelers…

7 Likes

Multiple, depending on attire and occasion! Bond, James Bond.

10 Likes

3, I just like to rotate them in and out. I always feel like I’m abusing one if I carry it for more than a couple of months.

6 Likes

Multiple, but they are substantially similar, if not essentially perfect substitutes for one another.

I found the formula that works for me and stuck with it for consistency.

7 Likes

Yes – I have 9mm and .45 both are full size!

4 Likes

Always ONE.
The old stays at home as an additional “home defense” and sometimes I take it for shooting classes as a spare.

6 Likes

In CA, your CCW must be listed, max of 5 handguns but most counties allow only 3.
I listed two.
I used to include a 1911 compact. I carried it once but didn’t like the extra weight. Plus, it doesn’t have ambilis safety. Upon permit renewal, I replaced it with a Springfield XD subcompact.

5 Likes

Yes. Changing perceptions can lead to accumulation.

I don’t rotate, but try to train with what I carry and carry what I train. I retain a reserve in the event of loss, breakage, or other mishap. Maybe staged as backup. Micro gun for special micro occasions.

I do periodically rotate anything plausible into my live and dry practice rotation to maintain proficiency.

4 Likes

I have one that I carry most of the time in most situations… then a smaller one for when I can’t conceal the main one well enough. And a larger one for when I can conceal it.

5 Likes

I got a few. I carry what I choose, and also may vary due to what I am doing.

8 Likes

Because when you go for a drive, you’ve got to have a spare
or as Mr Camp said: Two is one, one is none.

4 Likes

No rotation here. Just two handguns. A small J frame Centennial and a full size 1911.
Both concealable.

6 Likes

Full size for home defense, compact for EDC.

3 Likes

You want consistency, so rotation is not a great idea.

6 Likes

Yes, not at the same time. Depends on what clothing season it is. Coat and or longer thick clothing=full size guns. Lighter clothing= S&W airweight and compact guns.

6 Likes

I like options so I have many, from shoulder to pocket to belt to ankle. In the winter I carry at 3:00 with a pocket pistol in my heavy coat in case I can’t get to my .45. :us:

7 Likes

Winter waistband access in certain parts of the country, when dressed to be outside, can certainly be quite a bit more difficult than in the summer…that’s for sure

4 Likes

I usually take them all to the range with me, admittedly I shoot some more than others. I do dry fire training (Draw, Acquire, Fire, Acquire, stow) with all of them so I feel comfortable enough with anyone of them.

4 Likes

Mike164

3, I just like to rotate them in and out. I always feel like I’m abusing one if I carry it for more than a couple of month

I’m exactly the same behavior with regard to my wristwatches. Well, I do it with my sidearms too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes