What is your edc backup gun?

I have to get it to the range on the next trip and start at 6" lol We’ll see who/what is to blame!

3 Likes

I don’t carry a backup gun, but if I did, it’d be a big one.

2 Likes

I like my Ruger LCP2 for a BUG, as a very discrete primary when required, or for when I’m sitting around the house in shorts and t-shirt.

3 Likes

NAA 22mag, I hate the loud sob, but it has a purpose.

4 Likes

This is what I shoot in mine for a defensive round, They will shoot a 4in. group at 25yds. from a two hand grip resting on the bench, I kid you not. I think these are the best from the 2in. barrel
and no need for expansion. Expensive yes but I think worth it. :us:

.32 ACP +P 55gr. Xtreme Defender Solid Monolithic Hunting & Self Defense Ammo

.32 ACP +P 55gr. Xtreme Defender Solid Monolithic Hunting & Self Defense Ammo

$33.99

3 Likes

My main gun is my Thoamson 1911 45acp the backup gun is my Browning 9mm high power. If I can’t get the job done with 8 45acp’s 230 gr. H.P. then I will pull out and get the job done with 18 9mm’s 158gr H.P. This is my main training for the worst-case situation, train hard and train often. Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt.

3 Likes

Go big or go home! Who needs a backup?

7 Likes

Yeah but have you ever tried firing one of those inside of a building? Watch out for the ceiling!

3 Likes

Penetration test… I wonder how many sheets of drywall this one goes through.

2 Likes

I still use my Ruger LCP Custom in an ankle holster (that has an additional mag pouch) as my EDC Backup.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @TallOne86 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Well with 12 rounds on board and an extra 15 round mag I don’t carry a backup. I know what malfunction can always render your primary carry non-functional but my primary carry a Springfield hellcat has been proven at the range with a thousand rounds without malfunction or cleaning during those thousand rounds so I’m pretty confident. One major cause of failure would be the magazine which is why I carry a spare more than looking at the increase round count it is for that possible magazine failure.

4 Likes

I agree with you Rick, one gun, one extra mag. If I’m carrying a revolver it’s usually carried with a speed loader or extra speed strip. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Not familiar with the Key-Tec. But like the safety and positive features of both of those Berettas.

1 Like

I don’t carry a backup. My daily carry depends on my mood that day. M&P compact 15 round mag with a spare 15 round mag, M&P shield with a 7 round mag and two 8 round mags and for those times when it’s pocket carry I’ll take my Kimber micro 380 all 7 round mags.

1 Like

@Burdo Keltec has two facility one in Rock Springs, Wyoming and is set to open July 28 2022, The company’s current facility is 125,000 sq. ft. industrial space and is in Cocoa, Florida, this is the home company. All guns are made in the USA and have life time guarantee’s.

3 Likes

If I’m in my vehicle,870 Remington tactical.Dont carry a back up on my person as I’ve yet to experience a malfunction in my RIA double stack 10mm.If I can’t get it done with two mags of my own hand loaded maximum strength ammo…I deserve what I get…lol.

3 Likes

I have two backups for my EDC. A Sig SP2022 carry that was my dads, and a Sig P226 that I used to carry when I would let my dog out in the morning at my old apartment after coming face to face with black bears several times last summer. Not the most comfortable CC gun, nor the easiest to conceal which is why I opted to purchase the Springfield Hellcat Pro recently. Both of my Sig’s are .40 and heavy as heck when loaded compared to the Hellcat Pro.

3 Likes

It depends. Sometimes its the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 2.0, or the Ruger EC9S. It really depends on how I am dressed that day, and where I am headed.

3 Likes

My EDC is my Sig P365XL ( 17 +1 ), with Streamlight TLR-7 sub, and I do carry as a back-up, a FN 509 MRD ( 17+1 ).

2 Likes