Let's see your new gun!

True for everything I own. Firearms. Cars. Butter knives. Bar of soap.

3 Likes

Does anyone carry CZ P07? Too heavy for comfort or a good compromise to give more control?

1 Like

Not too heavy at all. I’ve carried P-01 which is heavier than P-07. If you like P-07/P-09 grip and safety/decocker levers - you will be happy to have it on you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think I may have to start looking at some CZs. They seem to make some decent stuff at a reasonable price.

2 Likes

@Scoutbob
CZ has a very interesting line of firearms. You may them and hopefully like them.
I actually switched from CZ to M&P after 1 year. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Oops, edited.

1 Like

Funny enough, my last gun purchase was between the M&P9 and the CZp-10c.

What got me was the CZ is considered a g-19 competitor. But it’s slightly smaller than the M&P full size… so I just ended up with the M&P. I kinda wish I would have waited for the compact to come back in stock, but in my defense, with gun law situation and the gun buying frenzy I wasn’t sure if it would. Happy with the m&p9. I shoot it well and I’ve carried a couple times, may or may not replace my shield as my edc. I’m having a holster from bedder sent back in because the gun was a little looser in the holster than I’d like. Once I get that sorted I’ll probably commit to carrying it for a couple weeks to see if I want the switch.

1 Like

Not funny at all… It’s a real evolution of fresh shooter. In 2019 CZ P-01 Omega seemed to be the best carry pistol for me. I loved it. But (this is typical ME… I’m everywhere, trying everything to find something better) one day I had a chance to test M&P line… and found M&P9 4.25" ideal tool for me.
I still have my CZ… but until I own my M&P there is no chance I will carry CZ.

The polimer line of CZ, especially P-10 is very Glockish, and it doesn’t fit my hand well.
I shot whole CZ handgun line, and P-07 was the only polymer I would consider to carry.

Now, having M&P… I’m not looking for anything better as self-defense pistol.

3 Likes

The ergos of M&P are really good IMO. I picked up a G17 yesterday. I’d have to totally train for the new grip angle, the grip is too big for my liking. I’m used to the M&P where I can reach the mag release without having to rotate the gun in my hand or do much of any adjustment.

I plan on carrying polymer, but I am interested in buying a metal gun. Problem with those is price. I think I’m just going to have to get a 1911 for the safe one day.

4 Likes

@Scoutbob try looking for the Tanfoglio Force line. I believe the Force 919 (one I’ve mentioned before) became known as Force 99. The force is very similar to the CZ 75. The slide rides internally giving a similar bore axis.
Although this is considered a polymer gun, it has the heft of a steel gun if that’s what you’re seeking. They are quite dependable and very easy to get small shot groups with. Very fun at the range.
The price is excellent, especially on a used Force 919 which can be found CHEAP, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s a cheap gun.
I like CZ’s…a lot, but besides a vintage Colt Gold Cup this is about the easiest shooter I’ve targeted with. Of course with a 17 round mag, you don’t have to carry as many mags to the range lol.
If you want a large CZ handgun but don’t like the price (which really isn’t bad at all considering the quality), you might want to check out a Force.
Here’s a shot of an online ad I found in a quick search. I don’t have any experience with this company, but it’s a decent picture showing a pretty expected price.

2 Likes

I want to start carrying a 1911 air gun. I read it’s accurate.

1 Like

This is my latest Pistol purchase.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @americanwolfman .:+1::+1:

1 Like

@Johnnyq60. Thank you

1 Like

I wish I owned this.

8 Likes

Congratulations and good luck on your new build brother @KillJoy . :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Got this out for some testing with some more fmj’s and to confirm zero again.

7 Likes

I haven’t been deer hunting in ages. I’m working on finding a good lease or buy to move on. Can go to far out though.

2 Likes

This is my new Kimber Super Carry Pro in .45 ACP with Altamont grips. I bought this last March just as the original lockdown was starting. Haven’t been to the range since so this one is still new to me.

13 Likes