Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

Thanks
I’m trying to figure out this forum or whatever we call it. Very different from what I’m used to.

2 Likes

@Bugleboy, ask for any help you need, people are nice here :smile: If you really get snarled up, @Dawn looks out for all of us.

:star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
1911 -> my favorite gun now… I’m glad we have 1911 topic here :muscle:

"whatcha got"

ria

"whatcha want"

ria-x9l

New car had priority… but one day…:thinking:

6 Likes

Purchased my first 1911 last winter. A Remington R1 commander. I absolutly love it. looks, feel and the
way it shoots. First 1911 love but wont be my last. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

i hopeya didnt hurt him lol (kiddin)

1 Like

Uncle Ted Nugent lovez the 10MM!

1 Like

A friend wants a 1911 like on the July cover too.
What is it? I want one now. I’m about to pitch a temper tantrum for one. Want it now.
I ordered two sets of grip slabs like it has for my Gold Cup and my unmentionable brand.

2 Likes

Pretty sure you must mean me… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

All I can say about the 1911 is that it may not be a easy gun to conceal but it is a gun that is fun to shoot. I bought a Springfield TRP and love it, the crazy thing is most people think of it a manly gun and that most women would not like it. I went out to the range with my wife which we do at least 3 times a month and took it for the first time, she was having a bad day shooting like we all have sometimes and she picked it up and decided to put some round down range and now its one of her favorite to shoot. she can shoot that gun better than many of our other guns that you would consider women friendly. Great gun for everyone, she now starts any of her friend that come out that are novice with it for their first time and after the shoot it she then informs the that was the biggest cal they will shoot today and to see the reaction that it wasn’t that bad to shoot makes them relax about the other guns. The next problem is I may need to buy her own so I can shoot mine. LOL

3 Likes

Welcome @Austin :smiley:

I usually start everyone on a .22, get them feeling safe, and then move them up.
… and you can’t predict what people will like. Most of my favorites are ones that are not considered ‘female friendly’ - Glock full sized .45 double-stack G21, Ruger P89, 1911s, Desert Eagle .50AE … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Not everyone’s cup of tea, but works for this girl :wink:

you say that like it’s a bad thing :grin: :rofl:

1 Like

1911 is thinner than most larger frame weapons, so I conceals pretty well I think. Mileage may vary.
I still want to know about the one on the July cover.
I’ll buy that one. I’ll carry that one.

4 Likes

The 1911 on the cover of the July issue is an Auto-Ordnance case hardened 1911.

Here is the link where you can check it out: Auto-Ordnance Case Hardened 1911 Semi Auto Pistol .45 ACP 5" Barrel 7 Rounds Magazine Blade Front Sight/Rear Drift Adjustable Sight Checkered Wood US Logo Grips CH Clear Coat Finish | Cheaper Than Dirt

3 Likes

Oooo and it’s a 45 :heart_eyes:

And… my hubby says "Niiiice!! But then there’s meteorite… "

Something a little different. Am I buying this, no. I would like to get a good 1911, and do the conversion myself. Would make a good woods gun.

2 Likes

So many new people to say hi to: hi @Austin, @Bugleboy, @Charles22! Glad to see you all here! @James, thanks for answering the question about the 1911 on the July cover, and even providing a link. You’re awesome! @45IPAC, I just looked over a bunch of Wilson Combat 1911s, drooling over nearly every one. including the Hunter. That Hunter is one sweet pistol!!! But I ended up ordering an Ultralight Carry. It’s at Wilson Combat now, getting Ameriglo sights. I’ll post a picture when I receive it. On the less exotic but still cool side, I just got a Colt CQBP M45A1:

It looks sweet to me. Haven’t shot it yet, but the weekend is young! I love 1911s TOO MUCH!!!

5 Likes

@Zee I can’t believe the meteorite Colts! $4.5M!!! That’s incredible! You find the most interesting things to post about! Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Pretty sweet looking @Nancy! Can’t wait for the range report!

Robert’s Defense custom

5 Likes

Colt Govt model made in 1918 (US Property marked), Sig Texas Edition, Sig TACOPS.

7 Likes

@gunsntexas @Gutsy63, y’all have got some beautiful firearms there. NICE!!

I think I want a Warthog like @Steve-G has. :grin:

1 Like