1911 45 acp

I’m looking to buy a 1911 45 ACP,I don’t want to pay a lot for it (maybe 800 or 900) any suggestions on something reliable? Thanks be safe😎

Robert B

2 Likes

$800 - $900… it’s a lot of money for 1911…

I was thinking about Rock Island or Taurus, both would cost you around $500 :slightly_smiling_face:

If you are willing to pay up to $900 - Kimber, Ruger or Sprinfield are great options.
I’d avoid Sig Sauer 1911 below $1000.

2 Likes

Lots of deals on semi guns around if you can save up a few hundred more. The Taurus the was in the USCCA mag a few months ago looks interesting. Also thinking about a Sig…

Do you want it to carry or just a range gun?

2 Likes

I have two RIA 1911 .45s If I had the need or another deal came along I would by another.

2 Likes

May have to think outside the box when it comes to “reliability”!
To me, I’m paying for reliability and that is usually between $1200 to $1500 for a 1911 in 45ACP.
All are Kimber, after manufactures break in period regular spring changes and maintenance my weapons never fail. Magazines may become unreliable but never my weapon. That’s speaking from approximately 200,000 rounds through all barrels combined. Still reliable and amazingly accurate.
I invested this type of cash in the event one of these weapons may be used to save my life.

3 Likes

Get yourself a Springfield. No need to spend $1200 or more. A loaded model 1911 A1 will do everything you want it to provided you keep it clean and don’t feed it absolute garbage ammo.

2 Likes

A range gun mostly,in home self defense,thanks

Thanks for the feedback

@Robert357 I picked up a RIA Rock Standard a few months back BNIB for $427 out the door. I’ve since put about $350 in parts and upgrades into it as well as a bit of work. The gun was totally functional out of the box but I got it as a project gun as it has been more than a few years since I built one and I had an itch.

Here’s what I’ve done so far.

The VooDoo that I do

Cheers,

Craig

1 Like