Alchemy Custom Weaponry Prime .45 ACP 1911 | USCCA

“Why would anyone pay $2,500 for a custom 1911 pistol when standard 1911 pistols cost much less?” a buddy of mine recently asked. I was explaining the merits of the Alchemy Custom Weaponry Prime .45 ACP 1911 pistol that I had just picked up. It was a fair question, but we have our reasons.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/alchemy-custom-weaponry-prime-45-acp-1911/

Just out of curiosity, how much would it have cost to take a less expensive 1911 and have a reputable gunsmith make those modifications?

1 Like

That is a good question.

If you have the money to spend, and you want it, fine… but a less expensive, reliable firearm is just as good if not better.

If it is carried often, the bluing may wear… you may have it taken or lost in legal proceedings, or at least taken while an investigation in ongoing, and a less expensive firearm that is reliable and hits where you aim is perfect for most people…

But, why pay $250,000 for a car when $25,000 will get you a perfectly fine automobile.

1 Like

I have a lama 1911 45acp very inexpensive weapon and I find it to do very well.would love to have it re nickeled