Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

Can’t tell if I’m too late or not……
I had a Colt Gold Cup Trophy last year, paid 1.4k new. Had orange fiber optic front sight, and nag well, blue grips.
The one described here doesn’t sound “factory,” but I can’t make that call.
Hope it has worked out for ya!

1 Like

I just got a Versacarry so I’ll try to qualify with my 1911 next renewal.

10 Likes

I still love my old Les Baer Monolith, but boy, my new FNX-45 Tactical sure is sweet. And has 15 rounds.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Nice looking piece!

3 Likes

Let me know if you find one. I can’t. I too am a CZ fan.

1 Like

I have a Auto-ordnance corporation Thompson 1911 45acp. I bought it some 40 years ago and it has served me well ever since. It still shoots quite well, and is my main carry, but my backup is a Browning 9mm high power. Gee he designed both!

2 Likes

You mean like a Cz 97BD? I also have cz75 bd that has been cajunized . 1911, Beretta and CZ are my favorite

5 Likes

No DWX series anymore.
They suppose to be manufactured and available to the public after SHOT SHOW 2020, but Covid pandemic changed everything.
Last year DW decided to drop that model and it even disappeared from their website.

So… whoever dreamed about DWX, it would stay in dream space forever. :anguished:

2 Likes

I guess I will end up having CZ Customs build me a sa Shadow 2

2 Likes

I want a 97 BD bad ,but, I am not a very big man and that is a large grip. I believe the next one is going to be one of the 75 compacts.

1 Like

or Tactical Sport. Its trigger is closer to 1911 one.

1 Like

I would have them add a sraight trigger before they began the action job. That would make it close to the TS orange.

2 Likes

Nothing better can be done than acting like TSO :muscle:t4:

1 Like

I was talking with a good friend last night, and he told me he had just picked up a 97 B still in the box.

3 Likes

1911 LOADED TARGET .45 ACP

Not a bad gun, but it is one of the most expensive guns I own. Not sure I’d do it over. I give it a resounding 3 stars!

2 Likes

I have an EAA Witness Match Elite in 10mm. It is all I can do to grip that and the 97B grip is bigger than that. That is the only reason there isn’t one in the safe already.

1 Like

I’ve got a Kimber custom ,45 and a Rock Island 1911 ultra HC .Love them both but the 10 mm Ultra is the best shooting automatic I’ve owned in years.I can put 16 rounds in the head of a target at thirty feet consistently.Im in love with the 10mm round.Wish ide had it overseas.

9 Likes

very happy with my kimber ultra carry 45 and love my ruger lw commander 45 great ,reliable, accurate ,easy shooting 45’s

3 Likes

right now looking for a RUGER SR 1911 in 10mm. the 1006 is to bulky and big ;
looking at the American made Ruger for sure. easy to find mags and Ruger quality.

5 Likes