Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

I just have to come up with the money for it.

2 Likes

I’d ask the buddy about the details!

1 Like

You, sir, are wrong :+1:

2 Likes

I have @George98, but he’s not a full on gun store dealer. His is a small mom & pop shop and the gun is used; great shape but used.
He’s my friend, but understand his interest is in numbers value to him.
I’m the buyer being aware lol.
Caveat emptor.
I’m hoping some folks can help me feel I’m not buying a cobbled piece.
Yours of course is good advice.

1 Like

If you mean the .38 Superb, I love them. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try a .38 Super.

2 Likes

This 1911 (chambered in 9mm) actually looks really cool…

2 Likes

The coolest series from Kimber’s 1911 Family. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Plus it has ambi safety

3 Likes

I have to admit, I’m curious about the 2011s. I can only imagine the handling is amazing.

1 Like

Everything is about how you feel the grip.
The reason I prefer 2011 over 1911 is the polymer / modular grip.
Single stack 1911 is too slim for me, double stack 1911 and 2011 grip is too big and too edgy.

I love Staccatos R lower - the grip is perfect for my hand, single stack with 10 rds of 9mm or 10 rds of 22LR if I use 1911-22LR slide.
For Staccato C2 I used old Gen1 grip which was additionally trimmed to make it slimmer.
I love 2011 grip’s smooth, round shape.

If you like 1911, you will love 2011… but only if you do not care about traditional look.

2 Likes

Every pot has a lid!

1 Like

Yeap… but unfortunately 2011 doesn’t have “1911’s spirit”. It’s a great shooter just another tool. But nothing else.
Exactly what the other thread is about :point_down:

The love for 1911

1 Like

Let’s not downplay the importance of the 1911. It’s the common tool of both world wars. If we stop buying 1911s, Germany might get some crazy ideas. 3rd time’s the charm, after all.

We need to buy more German’s products then, to keep them informed how many tools we do have. :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a German manufacturer of .45 and .30-06? We need to let them know we’re stocked up.

1 Like

Of course Germans made both.
H&K, Mauser.

1 Like

Just one like this

I traded my Series 70 for it pre-RK surgery, because my vision didn’t like the original itty bitty sights. I grew to prefer the longer trigger, flat mainspring housing and chunky rubber Pachmayrs.
I did replace the bushing with a solid, but that’s all I’ve done to her.
She’s only balked once in the nearly 40 years we’ve been together and that while shooting aluminum Walmart Federals.
Serves me right----I should have treated like the lady she is.

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes