It’s not a gun problem, it’s a human problem.

Reminds me of a miniseries called Atlas Shrugged :us:

5 Likes

Isn’t it amazing that the very item the libs wish to ban is the very item needed to protect them. You don’t want to face a gun carrying madman with empty hands. Public institutions, that are targets for these sick fools, need to have protection. Armed guards, either police or private, should be posted at schools, religious buildings, government buildings, movie theaters, etc., until we learn to recognize the threat and separate the threat from society. We talk about our freedoms, including the right to bear arms, but we forget about the right to live in a safe society. I don’t like the red laws, but I don’t want to be shot dead on the street by someone who is pissed off at society. Those shot dead by these killers could be celebrating Easter, Hanukah, Ramadam, etc. if we had a way to recognize the danger and remove it. Parents, friends, neighbors, ministers, school counselors, etc. should be alert for the signs of a possible shooter and report the problem to the authorities. Communities should have a means of investigating reports of suspicious persons and there should be legislation on how to deal with them. We are looking at the wrong end of the problem. Scott361 is right, and to add to his observation, and to quote an old adage “guns don’t kill people, people kill people”.

5 Likes

Cowards attack people who they think will cower. I think the way to recognize a coward is when you see someone who is trying to make people struggle when they’re already struggling.

2 Likes

This text will be blurred

5 Likes

There are already a whole lot of laws on the books and ways for authorities to investigate and detain people who make violent threats. Unfortunately in many of these cases all the signs and all the laws ended up being ignored.

I don’t believe that more Red Flag Laws that can be easily abused to violate the due process rights of law abiding people are needed. Let’s start by enforcing the good laws already on the books first. Then we can get rid of some of the bad ones that keep people from being able to defend themselves. Maybe after that we can figure out if some new laws, that preferably don’t blatantly violate the constitution, are needed.

8 Likes
4 Likes

A good answer from Dan Crenshaw, took the wind right out of her sails. :rofl:

5 Likes

Did you see her swallow that, speechless

5 Likes

Exactly. Like a school with glass doors that can be opened with one or two rounds looks so much better than a school with ballistic glass that looks EXACTLY THE SAME.

6 Likes

I agree, more red flag laws are not the solution. We must enforce the existing laws. Problem is getting the bad laws off the books is not easy. Once enacted it is hard to rescind them.

5 Likes

Sorry Bob, I don’t get your point. Adults can protect themselves, children are dependent on the adults. If confronted, I carry concealed. I can protect myself, my family and anyone else. With a school full of children and an unknown threat approaching, I believe the best thing to do is just what was done, lock down and protect the kids. Trying to evacuate them, at this time, would only lead to more dead kids. The best option is to have an armed presence on site. Unfortunately this was not the case. Also, these sick people who decide to take their pain out on children are not cowards. They are sick individuals who do not expect to survive their attack. They are prepared to die and, in their dementia, have no fear. I do not admire their actions, these are only the facts. These sick people are fixated on their fantasies, whatever they are, and willing to die to achieve their goals. The children need armed protection to deal with this. What is this world coming to?

3 Likes

Depends on a lot of things.
If there’s a single shooter and there’s a safe egress (open window on 1st floor, corridor and exit door in a separate wing from the shooter, etc.) then evacuation may be the best option. The alternative is to lock the door and hope the police get to the school before the shooter gets to your room.

On the other hand, if the shooter is in your corridor on the 2nd floor and your windows don’t open, you may have no alternative but to lock the door and hide. Or if there’s a 2nd shooter roaming the building or waiting outside (I don’t recall a scenario where a shooter was waiting outside, but it’s possible), an evacuation could lead you into an ambush.

Best possible solutions are still to fix / disrupt the killer(s) and neutralize them as quickly as possible. I feel awful for teachers who have to decide what to do with their pupils, because the teachers are not a part of this process and have no idea what’s happening in real time. There’s no way for them to know what the best (or least worst) course of action is.

4 Likes

Hey Keith, thanks for the response. My point is they have guns and are killing unarmed children or people in general. That is what makes them cowards. Sure they are sick but many people are sick and don’t kill innocent people. The only way I can see to stop them is to be courageous and stop them. If we recognize this cowardness in other people we can explain or teach them not to be like this and that takes courage. Hope this explains it if not please ask.

2 Likes

The news only tells us when a school is shot up and not how many was saved by someone with a gun and shot a would be mass murder before they committed there crime.

4 Likes

Kinda nullifies the myth theory that it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun. I think!

2 Likes

A good guy with a gun or some other weapon is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun. How else can they be stopped if not for that?

The girl who shot up the school was doing her evil thing till two cops shot and killed her. Not much of a myth.

4 Likes

Read the book itself - that will really freak you out about where our society has gone. Then watch “A Clockwork Orange” and tell me that we aren’t there…

4 Likes

I started watching Rabbit Hole, talks about algorithms that push and mold society

5 Likes

Robert, no prob, I understand your point and agree that the shooter (s) should be stopped before they can kill. I also see the evacuation without any idea of who or how many are in the building and considering the number of students, faculty and staff in the school at the time can lead to one hell of a traffic jam at the doors. I don’t like hiding any better than you. In my case, in a confrontation of this sort, I would hope I was armed so I could try to take out the shooter (s). We can only hope that school districts see the need for armed security at our schools. I taught in the Chicago school system for a while. We had an incident where the P Stone Rangers threatened to take over our school (I guess thats a hint as to how old I am). The principal asked the P. E. teachers to guard the doors and prevent any of the gang from entering. We refused, not because we were afraid, but we were advised by the CPD officers, who were assigned to the school, advised us to refuse. The officers were pulled off duty by the department. It was resolved by the same officers who were pulled off the assignment. Off duty they picked up a few of the gang members and dropped them in rival territory . They told them this would continue until they left the school alone. It took about a week. Times change, don’t they.

4 Likes

All good options and feasible. I just picture the scene at the doors, windows etc., where a school full of panicked kids are jammed into an exit with one or more shooters behind them. It’s a shame that these nuts pick on the innocent, who have no presence in these sick minds, except as targets for their demented delusions. I carried a gun for 27 years and never had to use it. It was always at the ready when we made an arrest, but I was one of the lucky ones who never met resistance. When I retired, 24 years ago, I thought I would never have to carry again. Never say never.

6 Likes