Is your EDC your nightstand home defense?

Be careful on that. When you drop the bolt carrier to many times on the same bullet has a chance to deform.

YMMV.

4 Likes

I rotate the round that sits in the chamber in my EDC pistol and magazines for the Ar-9.

3 Likes

No. Itā€™s either my 12 gauge shotgun or my Springfield elite 0SP

3 Likes

Very good questions. I have a P365 in my night stand in a biometric safe. My EDC is usually a Ruger Max with a12 rd mag and a holster that can carry a second 12 round mag. My house has several LED lights from appliances and modem so i have enough ambient light. On top of the night stand is a small flashlight just in case. I try to go to the range once a week. I have other guns so my range days i shoot 2 or 3 different guns each week. Usually at least the P365 or the Max each time i go to the range.

2 Likes

Yes I do use my EDC. It is kept in a quick access night stand safe to keep grandchildrenā€™s access restricted. I used to also keep my tactical shotgun and cruiser position next to the nightstand but now that I have a grandchild around a lot on weekends it is gone back to my safe.

5 Likes

I agree with John Lovell on this. I know how loud it is to shoot a gun in a confined space. I sleep with a set of earbuds on my neck and two more sets of ear pro. One on my AR-15 and the other on my nightstand. I donā€™t have children at home itā€™s just my wife and I. She knows to go to one of my safes and to open it and to shelter behind the door.

3 Likes

If my .45 was deadly silent I would agree with him, but it is not. It will not make your ears ring, but you know a gun has been fired.

5 Likes

I live in a non-free state where I cannot get a can :frowning:

2 Likes

Especially when dealing with a shorter barrel 5.56, even with a suppressor, itā€™s 140+ dB with a sonic crack

2 Likes

My two EDC arms are also my home defense. I have no problem with that. One is a SigSauer P365 XL and the other is a Glock 48. Both are very well suited for both purposes.

5 Likes

Have to admit John1283, liking the slim.

2 Likes

It could be,but Iā€™ve got multiple choicesā€¦ probably grab the AR.

2 Likes

I like my Glock 19, but I have a easy access single gun safe that I have secured to a metal frame night stand with the cable that has a G26.

3 Likes

My EDC is an XDs .45ACP and I shoot it every time I go to the range. Home defense is the XD-45ACP 5" Tactical in the bookshelf and the XD-45ACP 4" on the nightstand. The Mossberg 500s in five locations throughout the house help a little bit too.

6 Likes

I use to keep my 1911 on my night stand until I had to go into the hospital for a back surgery on a Friday night & due to my state of mind due to my pain left it out. That night our house was robbed. We think someone at the hospital may have been in onn it. Ever. Since then my guns are in a safe or on me. I also sleep with one pistol under my pillow so if I get awakened I will be ready & if by some chance I am awakened with a burglar over me, I will have the opportunity of surprise for them.

6 Likes

All my EDC stuff lives on my nightstand. If good enough to handle a deadly force encounter in town itā€™s good enough for my home.

My home is also fully alarmed and I have a well trained dog with stupid good hearing and a really shitty attitude towards folks that shouldnā€™t be near us. BTW wife is trained, armed and she has matching guns on her nightstand too. We would collectively make for a massive failure in the Victim Selection Process of a bad guy.

8 Likes

Are you sure you are not me? That is my exact set up.

4 Likes

:rofl: I like to think that smart people, given the same problem, usually reach similar conclusions :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I use my Ruger American Compact 45ACP 10+1 pistol for both carry and night stand. I also have a 556 by bed. But Iā€™m working on upgrading to the 10mm Tac Ultra RIA for my carry once I get it to my liking and get some range time with it.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @michael1717
Youā€™ll get used to the 10mm, they are so much funšŸ˜Ž

5 Likes