Lets see those EDC'S

This is my daily carry setup, lets see those EDC’s!

22 Likes

That’s a good looking loadout @Joseph_1970!

14 Likes

Help me out @Joseph_1970, what is the box to the left of the flashlight?

4 Likes

Seeing what y’all carry is interesting. I’m wondering what factors enter into the choice of how much vs how little one carries. I’m a older guy (70) and live in a lower population area. I don’t go to malls, movies, concert, etc. I’m careful about what’s going on around me and avoid people packed environments. Hell, I guess I was ‘social distancing’ before it was cool (GRIN)! When I am out I don’t look like a ‘victim’, I walk tall, with purpose, and I make eye contact., etc. My normal dress is a t-shirt, jeans or shorts. I realize there is always a chance of a bad encounter, but I think I’m pretty good at avoiding one. I suspect if I’m ever in one it will be very close quarters. Because of all this and my personal risk assessment I make the choice to go very lightly armed, carry a LCP, loads are +P, mixed solid and hollow point from Buffalo Bore. BTW-- Not trying to hijack the thread, I enjoy seeing what y’all carry, and would like to understand more if you don’t mind.

13 Likes

It’s a wallet.

5 Likes

You’re not hijacking anything, @William220! If people cannot explain the “why” behind their choices they should reevaluate.

For me, I like the capacity a duty size gun offers and being 6’6" tall I can get away with carrying a bigger gun. I have a light on my gun because it will allow me to have both hands on my firearm while using a light. The red dot makes target acquisition quicker.

I also carry an extra magazine because I want to be as prepared as possible. The TQ is there for that reason as well. Chances are if you’re in a gun fight you will be shot and if I am shot I want to control the bleeding. I like the Wilderness Tactical BPMP in the pic to carry both my mag and TQ because it is really low profile and I dont like mag pouches on my belt.

I have a handheld light to use when I do not want to pull my gun (side note about lights, it is dark half the time so lights are a must for edc in my opinion). And a pocket knife for boxes.

This loadout is subject to change as well. If I am running over to my parent’s house real quick, I may not take the extra mag or light. But for the most part this is what I carry all the time.

7 Likes

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I’m 5’10" so smaller just seems better for me. I much appreciate the feed back!

6 Likes

It also took me a long time to find what worked for me. If you’re interested in new products or to see some different stuff, Wilderness Tactical is a great company to look into.

6 Likes

I should add that I do sometimes carry a SR9c w/3 extra mags, but that is usually only when we travel in the motorhome or when I travel to SD & ND to hunt pheasant. The key being I’m in unfamiliar areas. Of course my 870 travels in the MH also.

5 Likes

Main carry gun.

For days I want something smaller. Usually carry the Sig if I know I have to go to a gun free zone that day.

13 Likes

Moved back to this setup a couple of weeks ago.

14 Likes

The Persian Fighter never runs out of ammo !

11 Likes

My normal carry minus my phone (used to take the pic). I also have a day pack with me all the time that has a secondary pistol and some harder to carry stuff like a first aid setup, food, water, etc…

13 Likes

Thats an EDC wallet, stopped carrying a regular wallet years ago. Fits nicely in the front pocket and holds everything I need it to. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Basically in a nutshell I carry everywhere I go now because the world we live in. I even have my sidearm on when I’m sitting at home in my recliner watching TV. Its better to have one and not need it then to need one and not have it. :+1::+1:I also switch up my carry gun from my HKVP9SK to my Sig P365 SAS to the trusty Sig P320 X Carry/compact.

5 Likes

Ah, the trusty CZ, very nice looking setup @James. I love my red dot on my Sig P320

11 Likes

Very well put @James :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Went with the Glock today.
20200405_204236

9 Likes

7 Likes

Love the tac pen.

3 Likes