Lets see those EDC'S

Depends on my mood and outfit on how much or little I carry at a given time.

9 Likes

10 Likes

My mrs and I both carry Sig p226sao Legion, carry extra mags in vehicles, a nd have them in other easy to get to places… usta carry G17, and sometimes a G19 glock. The Sig is larger and heavier, but that is personal choice.

I didn’t loctite the screws and lost some. Had to order on fri.

The Sig p226 sao is a remarkable firearm, short reset factory trigger. If anyone gets a chance to shoot this, try it. It is also fun to try other firearms as well.

6 Likes

Isn’t that Buffalo Bore really snappy in that LCP? Not sure my old Hans would go for that.

1 Like

I’ve shot very few of them, mostly for POI. I doubt the gun would hold up to a lot of +P’s going through. A direct answer to your question is yes it is a tad ‘snappy’. A more complete answer would be that in all my years of shooting, handguns or long, one thing has always been true. I notice recoil shooting targets, but when reflex action takes place then not so much.

1 Like

I used to carry a vp9 le then I found the p365 and loved it care a 12 rd and a 10rd, Casio gshock
GA-100, my Durango op wallet, blvk pods 2 and a Gerber knife I picked up for 25 bucks and cut a wave into the blade for one hand use and opening. (like a Emerson Kershaw wave design)

9 Likes

7 Likes

Nice! Welcome to the community @Cas :wave:

1 Like

@ScottH thanks me and my wife are new to the community hoping to be here for while lol.

2 Likes

My self-defense EDC setup is basic.
I try to just keep it simple. Ruger EC9S with 9mm 135G HYDRA SHOCKS 2x7rd + 2x9rd. Fixed sights are painted for quick low-light acquisition. 3.75" spring-assist Buck military knife. Nice and basic. Some of the setups here look cumbersome in non-friendly 2A states like CT where I live. Yeah…you can legally open carry here but if anyone files a complaint, it could be a real and unneccessary hassle and the courts are not friendly.

9 Likes

Joseph122 Where did you find that holster for a light-bearing VP9SK? I’ve been looking for an OWB range holster for a VP9 Tactical with a TLR-7 forever. Finally ordered one from Paul at pjholster.com

2 Likes

Thats actually the light-bearing holster for my Sig P320 X Carry and it fits my VP9SK just fine. I had the holster custom made from Werkz.com . I can only assume that he makes holsters for the VP9 since that gun model is over 2 years old. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Just checked with Werkz.com and they do make custom holsters for the VP9 series but they are on hold because of Covid-19.

2 Likes

Your username made me concerned for a moment, @ERROR_USERNAME! I’m guessing that you did that on purpose… If not, let me know!

2 Likes

Yep, I saw that they didn’t have very many manufacturers listed. There’s one quick-ship holster (M2) listed for the VP9, but it’s an IWB model and I’m looking for a range holster.

I’ve got the paddle-type coming from jpholster, so not a huge deal, just very rare that I’ve seen a VP9 holster that accommodates a light.

3 Likes

$ERROR_USERNAME is my login on a couple of forums, because I can never come up with a decent one. If the forum supports special characters, I sometimes make it look like an un-evaluated PHP or JSTL variable.

4 Likes

The holster I have is made for both inside and outside wear but keep in mind they custom made that holster. You may be able to get the M2 and just purchase the outside the wasteband belt clips seperate. Just email them and tell them what you want and they will tell you if they are able to help you out.

1 Like

For EDC content:

Walther PPS M2 in either a Black Arch Protos-M dual clip or a pjholster.com tuckable IWB, depending mostly on where the belt loops are and how much bulk is tolerable with whatever pants I’m wearing
Spare mag in an Alien Gear carrier
Gerber knife of some sort
Mini maglite LED
Leatherman Squirt PS4
Ordinary billfold
Tacticat Lydia (overwatch)

I still haven’t found a carry option that I like for on a bike, since anything attached to me may end up sliding along my ribcage at 45mph. On occasions that I carry, I keep a Taurus TCP .380 in a pocket holster in the tank bag and swap it to the inside pocket of my jacket when I stop.

6 Likes

I’ve already mentioned I carry a LCP, but not the knife I carry. I’ve carried the same model Buck for many years. I lost one to TSA when TSA was first formed. It’s pretty deadly and I once used it to field dress a deer. Note: the deer was dead. Anyway here it is, enjoy:
https://www.buckknives.com/product/375-deuce-knife/0375BRS-B/ :wink:

2 Likes

@Joseph_1970 What holster are you running? Love it?

Just read more of the comments. LOL! Checking into Werkz. :slight_smile:

3 Likes