Is your EDC your nightstand home defense?

Yeah, looking forward to it. I’m in Montana so it will be an all-around goto pistol for me. I’m working up both 2 legged HP and 4 legged hard cast loads for it. Love the capacity and the energy levels. Hard to beat 16+1 in 10mm!

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @michael1717 and glad to have you here.

2 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

@michael1717 wecome to the village!

3 Likes

@michael1717 , Welcome to our Community, we are glad you are here.

4 Likes

My preference for nightstand is a full size 1911 with 10 round mags (.45acp), and a laser in case my eyes can’t quite focus on my night sights after being startled in the night. The mags stick out of the frame about 1.5" so the whole setup isn’t’ practical for EDC. My EDC is an officer size 1911, 7+1, so it’s less capacity and shorter sight radius. We make tradeoffs for concealability.

When I’m exhausted/lazy at night, I have sometimes just put my EDC on the nightstand. But more often than not, my EDC goes in the safe at night and I pull out my “night time” bag. The bag has extra loaded mags, ear pro, and a backup flashlight in case something happens to my primary flashlight. I don’t generally sleep with a mag pouch on me. I also have an alarm to notify where any point of entry would be and motion detectors to track any inside movement. My plan is more barricade and call 911 rather than search & destroy. Even if it’s legal to do so, I don’t want to shoot someone just because they wanted my crappy TV or some power tools. But if they’re heading toward the bedrooms…

7 Likes

My EDC is my first and only gun for now (Taurus G2c, 12 round mag, also have a 17 round mag I sometimes use) so it does double-duty as home defense, generally kept under my pillow with the safety on and a round chambered.

7 Likes

My alarm clocks and home security alarm. Today they saved me from the postal guy and the amazon delivery guy.

16 Likes

Fine looking lads.

3 Likes

2 of my 3 K-9’s plus my “canine alarm”. And1 because I love Huskies.

8 Likes

My little K9 alarm finally passed after almost 20 years. She always reminded me of a Huskie pup, and Huskies are one of my favorite breeds. She was small, but set up such a nasty ruckus that the creepiest contract landscapers that used to work my old house would back away from her scared if they came to the front door. She rode around in my boat with me on many trips. Now we have attack cats LOL. They do actually keep a close eye on our dead end and if anyone comes down, they run around each front window looking all nervous. Of course, for night, we have motion dectors, lights, and an all hard wired alarm system that will wake people four doors down. We have a full family plan and know how to defend each other and the house. And yes, my daily carry gun is part of that plan.

11 Likes

Little yappy dogs are a great early warning systems. I’ve hardened my home security wise, but the puppers can’t be fooled, since one of them is behind a door with me. So, whether alarm is bypassed, K-9 defeated. I am still aware.

4 Likes

In a word: nope.

2 Likes

My alarm system is: SUPER DAUCHOUND

11 Likes

Yes, My EDC is right by my bedside. I also have my Canik TP9SFX, and FN509 MRD as well as my Mossberg 590S Tactical. Wife side of the bed is her S&W M&P Shield as well as her Mossberg 500!!! Dont come in our room uninvited!!!

3 Likes