How often do you carry

I carry anytime I go out of the apartment - even when I take MollyBear out to use the bathroom. Inside my apartment, it’s right next to me. I’ve only been asked once what I was carrying- I answered “alot of water at the moment, I’ve got to pee”.

1 Like

I met Ray Stevens at a song writers convention. I think he’s bipolar lol. Good guy in front of the camera and people, not so nice otherwise.

1 Like

Every day everywhere

2 Likes

I carry all the time, everywhere. Even mowing the lawn. Always concealed except in the woods hunting, fishing etc… then I’ll open carry. I never open carry in public.

3 Likes

How often do I carry? A conservative estimate…70%. Why not 100%. Because I haven’t worked out all of the holstering options that I need in order to carry comfortably 100% of the time. I need to get that figured out.

Living in Texas with a Licence To Carry (LTC), I could holster it OWB, open carry. That would be easy. But I don’t personally feel comfortable doing that. I’d rather be under the radar.

Thanks for the question topic Kevin. By answering this publicly, it’s forcing me to resolve this ASAP.

6 Likes

Every single day.

2 Likes

Being a Govt worker, carrying is usually off limits anywhere I go for my job. Not even in the parking lot for my office. Not terribly worried as most buildings I work in have large Law Enforcement/Security presence though.

Outside of office, conceal carry nearly always where allowed.

1 Like

I carry everywhere even if I’m just going to take out the trash I do not care when people stare when I open carry, here in Indiana open carry is allowed once you have carry permit.

1 Like

If you don’t mind my asking, what gun are you carrying, and at what position?

After being attacked twice, once because someone wanted my iPad more than I did, and then being violently attacked because of the guy I chose to date, evidently someone didn’t think I should be dating a guy who is half my age and a different race, I carry everywhere I go, as long as it is legal, and I carry in my house. I feel naked without it.

1 Like

Hi James.

P320 Compact, appendix. I’ll be switching to the P365 for my EDC soon.

3 Likes

Every day, everywhere. My EDC weapon is like my AMEX card… I never leave home without it.

5 Likes

The 320 is a great firearm, and I carry a firearm around the same size in the appendix position. I do reccomend buying a high quality holster and a good belt for carrying appendix. Belts that can adjust quickly are nice as you may have to adjust your belt to find comfort while sitting. I also pull my pants up when I sit as well. Another thing I had added to my holster is a pad. Not only does the pad compliment the claw for pushing my firearm into my stomach, but it makes sitting a lot easier.

What kind of holster do you have?

1 Like

Thanks @James ! I have a T.REX ARMS Sidecar holster. For me, not the most comfortable. I’ve realized now that I really don’t want to carry a second mag in the appendix holster. I smaller holder overall might be my best option.

sidecar

1 Like

Hmmmm… that sounds really familiar!

I just switched to appendix for my P365 from my 4 o’clock P320 Subcompact.

@Dawn Awesome! How do you like it? And do you notice a substantial difference in comfortability?

I love them both - the 365 is much easier to conceal.

1 Like

I always have my gun on me unless I’m going somewhere that the law says I can’t carry

2 Likes

If I’m awake, I’m carrying. The only exceptions are when I have to go to places where firearms are prohibited such as federal facilities. When sleeping, I keep a firearm within easy reach.

While reasonable minds can differ, I don’t generally engage in open carry. I think it tends to unnecessarily excite people. Like most things, there are exceptions. I frequently work overseas under military contracts. They require open carry over concealment. But, in that situation, everyone’s armed.

1 Like

I am always carrying as long as it is legal, even at home and when we go to bed it is on the little table 5 feet from the bed if that, course we live in the Chicago metro area.

1 Like