How often do you carry

I personally appendix carry with a kydex holster without the side car, and keep my spare mag and TQ in a Wilderness tactical pocket organizer in my back pocket. That is pretty comfortable for me. I also have a pad on my holster to aid more with comfort.

2 Likes

@James Thanks for the info. Iā€™d never heard of the Wilderness tactical pocket organizer - I just put it on my list of things to buy.

1 Like

Wilderness tactical makes some nice gear!

1 Like

I donā€™t carry all the time.

I was trained to open carry big service pistols and rifles. I donā€™t want to walk around town wearing an M4, but no one ever taught me how to carry concealed and feel comfortable doing it. I swear Iā€™ve wasted more money on uncomfortable holsters than on firearms. Iā€™d carry more often if I could figure that part out.

As much as possible.

1 Like

@Ouade5 Agree with you thatā€™s it very challenging to figure out a configuration(s) that work well. I think one of the things thatā€™s still missing from the firearm industry is offering more/better help with concealed carry. There are plenty of holstering options, but the problem most people have is figuring out a setup that works for them. Thereā€™s definitely a business opportunity that exists for someone who can figure out a solution.

every time I leave the house but leave it in the car if a place doesnā€™t allow

2 Likes

I dont open carry, I carry ccw anytime Im out and everywhere itā€™s legal to.

1 Like

I have to change my earlier answer. For the past week, I carry 100% of the time. I refuse to panic, but I have to recognize that others are.

I carry every where I go and with confidence, 12 to 16 hours a day. I have a reach of a weapon
all the time and I rest and finish healing from surgery. I make special effort to do and keep
preventive care on all used firearms when needed. This builds confidence ever day.

There are going to be people talk and run off at the mouth in the great state of Florida and
there are some great people here. About 90 % of the time when I carry a firearm around other people it
does not bother me and I am open and honest to people in charge over me; they know and they have
treated me well.

It does not worry me as much around police officers and I will maintain my concealment at all times. Please watch out for liars and busy bodies. Their month is worse than my 10 mm Glock.

I carry everyday and always keep my weapon on me at home. Florida decided for me that I canā€™t open carry - which doesnā€™t bother me as I am not a fan of open carry. My weapon of choice is XDm 9mm. I like the fact that it has 19 in the mag and I carry in condition one on my right side.

Switch topic. Any suggestions for concealed carry in the Florida 100 degree heat ??

I carry when I can. Iā€™m in the military, more specifically, a recruiter. First, Iā€™m not allowed to carry in uniform. Second, Iā€™m in high schools all the time. So, most of the time I canā€™t carry unless Iā€™m breaking the UCMJ or civilian law. When I do carry itā€™s almost always concealed. If I go hiking or camping I will open carry, though. Thatā€™s because I donā€™t want to try and draw from concealment with a 50 pound backpack on.

Every day, every time I leave the house. Except when I canā€™t. The doctorā€™s office doesnā€™t allow carry and I wonā€™t freak a technician out who needs to listen to my heart and lungs by carrying anyway.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to start a topic. Itā€™s the right time of year for it.

2 Likes

I carry concealed 100% due to the Florida laws and summertime is never fun to carry and conceal when itā€™s so hot. My summertime wardrobe amounts to cargo shorts, and untucked fishing shirts 95% of the time. For teaching classes itā€™s jeans, instructor shirts and a shower as soon as I can after class. Normal firearm P938 or M&P 340 revolver carried strong side OWB or if lots of driving crossdraw.
Bill

3 Likes

CZ SP01 tactical full size at 2 oā€™clock OWB. Concealed. Plus two 18 round spare mags

It is so difficult to get a CCW where I am that I am for sure going to carry all the time. As required by law, I have a securable container to lock the firearm in my vehicle should I be entering a prohibited area.

Always except when I am not allowed to. Schools, State and Federal Buildings, Post Offices, and etc.
I have a spare firearm in car, but do not advertise it at any time.

1 Like

A PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER is the only thing I would add to your EDCā€¦

1 Like

I may consider that - seeing how it is not the end of April and it is already
in the ninetyā€™s here in Palm Bay Fl. Mike :slight_smile:

2 Likes