Soccer Mom Carry?

The photo is from our digital files, not me or my child. :slight_smile:

When my kids were younger, they would have Saturday morning soccer games, tae kwon do tournaments, cross country meets… the list was endless. A lot of these events took place away from school in a public park or building.

At that point, Wisconsin didn’t offer concealed carry permits, otherwise, I would have carried.

What challenges do you have carrying at your child/grandchild’s sporting events that are not at a school?

2 Likes

Under Illinois law, a public park is a no gun zone. The park here, even has a big sign proclaiming that. It is a punishable offense to violate “the sign” in the state. A lot of local sports, are played at city parks.

1 Like

It’s been a while but I remember coaching a basketball game for one of my kids in uniform while I was 10-5 (on a meal break). As soon as the game click expired, I was back on the sheriff’s clock.
Parents were very well behaved at that game.

4 Likes

My younger son played soccer in travelling team. All games and tournaments were organized at public parks.
Like @45IPAC mentioned, there is no way to carry in these places. Thanks God there was not a single incident during son’s 7 years soccer career.
Then 4 year of soccer in High School and the same - no gun zones only - schools’ or school district’s fields.

2 Likes

Thankfully, the sports my son I saw now into, take place on private property. Church league soccer and basketball, and 4H shooting sports. The 4H stuff, literally takes place at a gun range, and in the near future, I will be the instructor for the rifle team. Can’t get much more convenient for me than that.

4 Likes