How Many Permits Do You Have?

You can get an Illinois ccw. :grin:

2 Likes

I can move around Florida and over 30 states. WISE thing is to stay home with the wife and children; safer that way. 4 years on my CCL.

THANK YOU GOOD PEOPLE ! Stay safe.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for taking the time. That’s helpful. I will re-visit my needs and adjust accordingly. Best to you.

2 Likes

There is an online service that says though the state of Virginia you can get a non resident CWL good in about 30 states. This too good to be true and I don’t trust it. They claim it is a “loophole” in the law that allows someone to do this. This smells like yesterdays diapers. Do it at your own risk, And of course they want money for this

4 Likes

Does that cover all of Illinois (including Chicago) or is it like NY/CA where its based on county?

3 Likes

WI, UT, VA, FL and IL, but IL just expired and I’m not renewing Illinois.

That covers me for most of the states with the exception of the communist ones.

2 Likes

All of Illinois. Chicago has some goofy restrictions, like no more than 10 rounds etc. But, yes you could carry within their preempted restrictions.

3 Likes

I mean, that sucks but not as bad as what I expected but that is just within Chicago city limits?

3 Likes

Yes. The rest of Illinois is fairly gun friendly. Just check the local ordinances to be sure, or, carry a 45 or a revolver. If you can only have 10, might as well have flying ashtrays.

2 Likes

I appreciate your post. I just recently found some documents which report that in Cook County, which Chicago and several other cities are in, reportedly this particular “county” limits magazines to a max of 10 rounds in semi-autos, and has strict limits on semi-auto rifles. Being in Cook, it made me re-think. what I’d purchase. Your post warrants others to do their research. Feedback and insight is more than welcomed/helpful:

Sources

3 Likes

Yup. And because of this ludicrous infringement of the rights of law abiding citizens, many companies won’t even ship to ANYWHERE in Illinois. I recently bought a thumb hole stock for a Marlin .22 rifle. Boyd’s wouldn’t ship it directly to me. I had to go through a vender. I’m 300 miles from Cook County. Rest assured, Southern Illinois is very different from Chicago.

2 Likes

You mean I am not covered by my Unalienable rights as acknowledged in our Constitution?

I want to get an Idaho permit (non-resident) but appears you have to have taken a “sanctioned” class within the last 3 years.
Let my TX permit expire
 wish I had not. Tried to re-apply but requires taking a class inside of the state, which is a long ways away.
What are some of the easier states to get a permit in? They seem like they would be fun to collect.

1 Like

In selecting which other states to apply for CCL in, I’m still a newbie, but I think it depends on which states you are already licensed in or in reciprocity with. My being in Illinois, the chatter interest is with Utah or Arizona for more western state reciprocity, but for more reciprocity in more eastern states, then Florida covers many eastern states. I noticed on one application, they asked that the course one took be within a certain time period. Another application requires a course instructor sign the application. However I think I can find the “correct named state” certified instructor at a local gun store (call ahead first); Same for finger prints, but bring your entire application packet to your class, just in case.

2 Likes

I believe you are correct. I suppose what I am wanting to do is take a current “Class” that issues a certificate of completion that is accepted in many states. Some states require live fire, some require training by an instructor certified in the particular state, some just require a basic handgun safety class while others require schooling in the laws pertinent to the specific state. So, my purpose is to take one class that will fulfill applications in as many states as possible. Without reading all 50 states requirements and mapping out all the crossover requirements I was hoping someone had already figured this out.

I apologize for kind of leading you along with my post. I was actually not kidding about just collecting the licenses as a sort of “hobby”, just something to do.

I do currently hold valid OR, UT and FL licenses.

John

3 Likes

As far as if one’s CCL is covered in other states, I found at least two helpful reciprocity maps online. However, for certain counties and towns one plans to travel through or to, as they say “Check your local listings”. The actual firearm itself, has legal restrictions in some areas, such as in Chicago, where I read no “lasers” are allowed; and since Chicago is within Cook County, the 10 round max “capacity” mags applies there, not how many rounds are loaded, but what its capacity is, even if empty or just transporting stowed away.

In regards to those online companies which offer what they claim to be an easier way to obtain CCL’s; I’m glad you brought that up. I suspect they are scammers, and one could be at risk to be a financial victim of fraud, and I met a young lady in CCL class who fell victim to one of those online ads.

I had a bad experience with even one legitimate certified independent course instructor company, with poor customer service, and poor professionalism. However, I did not let that discourage me, and found other instructor providers, which have a better system, and are more user friendly. I find that those ranges which have larger stores, and or more locations, tend to have more available customer services reps, want to help, as well as having more sophisticated data on their websites.

I learned to first do my homework on how to apply with other states, then find the best range store, where they have enough staff, for a greater pool of availability, responsibility, and accountability. And I will go to them for my renewals. This was important to me, so that others new to firearms experience more ethical professionals, and have a more positive experience in their early going.

3 Likes

MN resident
AZ non-resident
FL non-resident

3 Likes

And now they are 2
Illinois
Florida

4 Likes

Two Permits

Michigan and Arizona

1 Like

Two Permits

Texas and Oklahoma

1 Like

CT resident, Utah non res, and just applied for FL non res online, awaiting fingerprint cards.
Edit, after some headaches, got my FL permit
their webmaster was a great help.

2 Likes