Carrying and traveling

New to the CHP world recently turned 21. My question is my girlfriend lives in homestead, Fl( school reasons) and I live in Va I would like to carry traveling down to Fl and in Fl. Any advice on the states I will be passing.(Nc,Sc,Ga)

3 Likes

Check this out:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

3 Likes

They’ve got an app. It’s quite useful.

2 Likes

You are fine in South Carolina to carry concealed. The only thing is that if you encounter law enforcement for ANY reason, you are obligated to let them know that you are carrying.

2 Likes

A couple of years ago, the state of Arizona had a variety of laws in regards to knives: folder or fixed, overall and blade length, etc. It was said that as you drove from Scottsdale to your job in Surprise, you could be arrested in at least two of the intervening cities. The state legislature actually passed a state law that overrode all those city ordinances. Maybe a similar idea about CC permits will occur to our elected officials in Washington DC. (One must always have hope!)

1 Like

I think you’ll find you use the suggested sources of info frequently enough to mark the page for quick access. I use it to refresh my memory on the legalities periodically, too.

1 Like