How Many States Can You Carry In?

How many states does your home state’s concealed carry permit allow you to carry in?

• 1-10
  • 11-20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50

0 voters

What non-resident permits do you have? How many more states does the additional permit(s) give you?

Not sure? Check out the USCCA Concealed Carry Reciprocity Map

2 Likes

Michigan CPL is not honored in 10 states plus DC. Having a non resident Arizona CPL doesn’t give me any extra places to carry.

2 Likes

Arizona’s Carry permit is honored in some 38 states last time I checked.

2 Likes

Missouri gets me 37 … Going to add UT and VA non resident and that pick up two more.

My Kentucky CCDW has reciprocity in 36 states. My LEOSA license is recognized in all 50 states.

1 Like

@MikeBKY

Isn’t Hawaii trying to exclude themselves from being required to honor LEOSA.

2 Likes

They are trying and, if I were going to Hawaii, I would have to seriously consider whether I travel with a weapon because of their crazy gun laws. BUT, there is no question that LEOSA applies in all 50 states and US territories and supersedes state law.
There are similar issues in other states. Some states interpret LEOSA as to allowing only carrying the weapon you qualify with annually. NJ has an hollow point restriction ($1000 fine per cartridge) and even though LEOSA says ANY ammo legal under federal law is allowed, NJ says no. CA and other states have magazine capacity bans which they still enforce.

The key is to understand every states restrictions before you cross the state line.

3 Likes

Illinois license gets me 30 states.

1 Like